Come watch the colors change in the White Mountains!
Work in the heart of the White Mountains!
- Gorham, New Hampshire
- $10.25 / hour + tips
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
The Appalachian Mountain Club (AMC), America's oldest conservation, education and recreation organization, is now searching for Lodge Crew! Our Lodge Crew is responsible for providing a warm, welcoming and safe atmosphere for all guests. This includes maintaining the neatness and cleanliness of facility grounds and buildings as well as the setup, serving and cleanup of meals.
Housing and meals are available at a minimal cost to employees 18 years of age or older, however, space is limited so don’t delay in applying and reserving your spot now!
We would love to hear from candidates who want to make a career with AMC and have enthusiasm for our programs and mission!
Primary Responsibilities (may vary slightly by location):
- Welcome and assist guests, visitors, members and others in a positive manner, responding to any problems or special requests with a professional demeanor.
- Interact with guests regarding local information, lodge amenities and programs.
- As an active member of the Lodge Crew team, contribute to the overall success of the kitchen/dining area and the lodge as outlined below.
- Clean and sanitize all food service and dining areas on a daily basis.
- Daily breakfast/salad/deli bar upkeep, prep and service of customers.
- Set up, serve, and cleanup of dinner service.
- Prepare, set up, serve and break down of catering and bar services.
- Participate in the daily cleaning and upkeep of guest rooms, common areas and bathrooms.
- Prepare meeting spaces for special groups and programs, including set up of tables, chairs and AV equipment.
- Process recycling and kitchen compost daily.
- Participate in deep cleaning of the lodge and other areas on a weekly/monthly basis or as instructed.
- Help with snow shoveling and lawn/garden maintenance.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to be a team player within a detail-oriented, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with people of different backgrounds.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, holidays, mornings and evenings.
- Prior kitchen/dining experience and/or housekeeping experience, however, will train as necessary!
- Familiarity with the White Mountain National Forest and enthusiasm for AMC programs and mission.
To Apply: Now accepting applications! Please include your resume and a cover letter when applying. Interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis until all positions are filled.
The Appalachian Mountain Club has zero tolerance for child abuse or placing children in danger. The AMC requires all employees who work in a program or facility which serves children, disabled persons or the elderly to have a criminal background record check performed on their name annually with employment contingent upon satisfactory results.
The AMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in the workplace. The AMC encourages the involvement of all people in its mission and activities, through its membership, programs, policies and procedures. Our goal is to be a community that is comfortable, inviting and accessible for people of any age, gender, race, religion, ethnicity, ability, sexual orientation or socioeconomic status. Join us!
How to Apply
Please visit the link below to apply!