Join the Appalachian Mountain Club's Pinkham Notch team in NH's White Mountains!
Multi-sport, outdoor destination unlike any other. Majestic, rustic and serene!
- Gorham, NH
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Jul 11, 2019)
The Appalachian Mountain Club is now seeking to fill the role of Housekeeping Supervisor at our busy Pinkham Notch location in Gorham, NH!
This full-time, year-round, benefited position is a tremendous opportunity for anyone with a background in housekeeping and who enjoys supervising a team. This position will help to build a positive culture among a small group of hardworking housekeepers and custodians located at the Appalachian Mountain Club's base of operations in the White Mountains of New Hampshire.
AMC facilities provide education, outdoor recreation and conservation services to tens of thousands of outdoor enthusiasts annually, following high quality and safety standards. Our partnership with the United States Forest Service and close cooperative ties to state and local authorities demand that our services be top notch!
- Responsible for overall cleanliness and functioning of the entire Pinkham campus.
- Manage, train, schedule and evaluate staff for the housekeeping, custodial, groundskeeping and overnight-attendant functions.
- Recruit and hire new employees as needed.
- Provide active supervision and guidance for team during shifts and regularly scheduled meetings. Inform and inspire these employees through clear communications.
- Housekeeping representative/contact for banquet event orders, meetings and programs.
- Oversee the day to day maintenance of the lawn and native plant gardens in the spring, summer and fall and clearing of the walkways in the winter.
- Daily laundry/linen operations.
- Order all supplies, maintain all equipment and keep a complete inventory of all items required for operation in the housekeeping and custodial areas.
- Collaborate with AMC’s Construction team to ensure that all buildings are kept in good repair.
- Serve as a welcome presence and assist Pinkham Notch Visitor Center visitors and guests in a positive manner; respond to any problems or special requests with a professional demeanor.
- Work with the Pinkham Manager to help inform budget priorities relating to housekeeping and custodial operations.
- Work with both the Purchasing and Logistics Manager and Kitchen staff to support successful on-site recycling and Clivus programs.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Detail oriented
- Team player
- Strong communicator – in writing, in person and over the phone
- At least 1 year of supervisory experience in a housekeeping setting
- Prior experience in the hospitality industry, preferably within Housekeeping/Custodial areas is recommended
- Familiar with banquet event orders
- Knowledge of commercial cleaning standards
- Must be willing to work weekends, holidays and evenings
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm about AMC’s mission and its programs
- General understanding of maintenance terminology (e.g. electrical, plumbing, carpentry, landscaping terms)
- Familiarity with the White Mountain National Forest is helpful
To Apply: Please include your resume (or work history) and a cover letter when applying.
The Appalachian Mountain Club has zero tolerance for child abuse or placing children in danger. The AMC requires all employees who work in a program or facility which serves children, disabled persons, or the elderly to have a criminal background record check performed on their name annually with employment contingent upon satisfactory results.
The AMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in the workplace. The AMC encourages the involvement of all people in its mission and activities, through its membership, programs, policies and procedures. Our goal is to be a community that is comfortable, inviting and accessible for people of any age, gender, race, religion, ethnicity, ability, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic status. Join us!
How to Apply
Now accepting applications! Please include your resume and a cover letter when applying. Interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis until all positions are filled. Click APPLY NOW to learn more about and/or apply to the position of your interest!