Spend your summer with the Appalachian Mountain Club in NH's White Mountain National Forest!
- Entry level
- Start Date:
The Appalachian Mountain Club (AMC), America's oldest conservation, education and recreation organization, is now searching for Reservations/Guest Services Associates! Working in the Reservations Department at AMC's Pinkham Notch Visitor Center, the Guest Services Associate’s primary responsibility is to fulfill the needs of guests and potential visitors to our programs and destinations in a courteous and professional manner. This includes, but is not limited to:
- All aspects of processing and communicating phone, on-line and in-person reservations for AMC huts, lodges, camps, programs, hiker shuttle and memberships.
- Providing accurate and comprehensive trip and safety advice.
- Performing Joe Dodge Lodge check-in duties.
- Ensuring that our clients receive outstanding customer service.
This is a full-time, seasonal, non-exempt, hourly position with excellent benefits.
This seasonal position is available from 5/1/17-10/1/17, and the workweek is generally composed of 40 hours. Candidates with availability to work through the entire season are preferred, although, candidates who are not available for the full season are still encouraged to apply. Housing and meals are available at a minimal cost to employees 18 years of age or older.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Scheduling flexibility to work weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Computer literacy, proficiency in MS Word and Excel and effective typing skills.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Commitment to being a team player within a detail-oriented, fast-paced environment.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Customer service and/or sales experience.
- Knowledge of White Mountain National Forest area.
- High school diploma or GED.
Employee Perks: The AMC offers a great benefits package! Here is a partial list that highlights some benefits offered to our full-time seasonal employees. Benefits may vary based on position.
- Use of AMC facilities, free and discounted rates.
- 30% employee discount on merchandise sold at our facilities and in AMC catalogues.
- Free AMC membership and White Mountain Guidebook. AMC members receive AMC Outdoors magazine, a 20% discount on lodging, a 10% discount on retail goods and access to chapter events and activities.
Note that benefits may vary based on position and/or work schedule and are subject to change.
To Apply: Interested candidates should forward a resume along with a cover letter when applying. No phone calls, please.
The Appalachian Mountain Club has zero tolerance for child abuse or placing children in danger. The AMC requires all employees who work in a program or facility which serves children, disabled persons, or the elderly to have a criminal background record check performed on their name annually with employment contingent upon satisfactory results.
The AMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in the workplace. The AMC encourages the involvement of all people in its mission and activities, through its membership, programs, policies, and procedures. Our goal is to be a community that is comfortable, inviting, and accessible for people of any age, gender, race, religion, ethnicity, ability, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic status. Join us!