Great opportunity for the next step in your hospitality management career!
Anvil Hotel delivers crafted beauty and unique experiences all against a stunning natural backdrop.
- Jackson, Wyoming
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
The Anvil Hotel located in Jackson, Wyoming, is seeking an experienced Assistant Hotel General Manager.
A COUPLE OF THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW about this extraordinary place to work:
This extraordinary operation located on the doorstep of Yellowstone. In the vibrant town of Jackson, the Anvil Hotel delivers crafted beauty and unique experiences – all against a stunning natural backdrop. In addition to this, the Glorietta Trattoria restaurant and bar provides a warm and inviting social dining experience featuring modern-classic Italian cuisine with a focus on a wood fire grill, regional ingredients, a great Italian wine list, cocktails designed by Death & Co. and handmade pastas.
About Sightline Hospitality
Sightline brings together people, places, and possibilities to redefine hotel management. Whether big box branded, soft branded, or independent hotels, we believe in soulful stays—the kind that stay with you long after you’re gone.
Our ideal candidate connects personally by offering guests a uniquely memorable experience, training staff to represent knowledgeable and personalized service reflective of the property and actively advancing the hotel’s social media presence and being a positive presence in the local community and vibrant neighborhood social scene. In addition, the Assistant General Manager must have a good knowledge of outside Sales, and an understanding of Food & Beverage, Preventative Maintenance Programs, Revenue Management and Marketing.
This leadership position will assist in overseeing the day-to-day operations of the hotel to maximize profitability and to ensure superior service and product quality are maintained. This position will act as the General Manager in his/her absence. Previous experience in the Hawaiian market preferred.
- Assist General Manager in the development, implementation and monitoring of financial and operational plans for the hotel which support the overall objectives of the company. Provide regular direction and oversee hotel operations for all or some of the following areas:
- Front office, revenue, and reservation functions to ensure the delivery of superior guest services, the security of monies, credit card transactions and guest information, and that established goals are achieved.
- Food and beverage departments to ensure standards of operation and quality are maintained and food and beverage profit and revenue goals are achieved.
- Housekeeping and Maintenance functions to ensure compliance with quality and brand standards in all areas of the hotel as it relates to appearance, cleanliness, and levels of maintenance and repair; ensure preventative maintenance programs are in place to protect the physical assets of the hotel.
- The security function to ensure a safe and secure environment for guests, employees, and hotel assets.
- Sales functions to ensure that goals are established and achieved to meet the hotel’s overall financial objectives.
- Maintain a proactive human resources function to ensure positive employee relations, training and development, wage/benefit administration, etc. and compliance with policies and procedures and labor regulations.
- Accounting and purchasing controls and procedures are implemented and maintained.
- Recommend and/or initiate salary, disciplinary, or other staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with Company rules and policies. Alert General Manager of potentially serious issues.
- Ensure all staff is properly trained and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions.
- Interact with outside contacts:
- Guests – to ensure their total satisfaction
- Owners and/or Principals – regarding operational updates and current issues
- Vendors – to resolve any vendor performance issues, etc.
- Regulatory agencies – regarding safety and compliance matters
- Other contacts as needed (Professional organizations, community groups, local media)
- Oversee the day-to-day operations and assignments of the hotel staff; assist the General Manager in the development and communication of departmental strategies and goals. Communicate and enforce policies and procedures.
- Foster positive owner relationships if applicable and assist in providing ongoing information and status reports.
- Make recommendations for capital improvements to enhance the assets of the company and brand loyalty.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Management, Business Administration or equivalent, related field preferred and three years of general management experience in a high level operations role or prior general manager experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must speak fluent English.
- Other languages preferred.
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with guests, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork and management reports, interpreting results, giving and receiving instructions, and training.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
- Ability to travel to attend workshops, conferences, etc.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
Essential Physical Abilities:
- Frequently standing and moving about the facilities
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 25 pounds
- Using a keyboard to generate correspondence, reports, etc.
- Handling objects, products, and equipment
- Communicating with other people
- Competitive Bonus plan
- Medical, dental and Vision options
- 401(K) plan
- Time Off Benefits
- Discounts as Sightline Hospitality's expanding portfolio of hotels
The Anvil Hotel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applicants and employees of all backgrounds. M/F/D/V/SO