Angel Fire is Looking For Experienced Ski Patrollers
Beautiful Southern Rockies! Great Snow...Not too Cold!!
- Angel Fire, New Mexico
- $17.00 / hour
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in about 2 months. (Dec 01, 2022)
Work and Play at Angel Fire Resort:
If you’re going to work, make good money! If you’re going to live somewhere, live in a great place! Earn good money and live better with lots of employee perks! Angel Fire Resort is a top year-round mountain resort destination in New Mexico with fantastic skiing (Numerous Best of Lists), “Biggest Mountain Bike Park” in the country, and one of the “Southwest’s Best” beautiful 18-hole golf course. The resort is situated at over 8,600′ elevation in the Southern Rocky Mountains, 30 minutes east of Taos and has views of Wheeler Peak, the highest point in New Mexico. Angel Fire strives to offer the best value and choice for family outdoor recreation activities to its members, guests and visitors–including skiing, snowboarding, tubing, sledding, golf, mountain biking, golf, disc golf, zip lines, tennis, fishing, hiking, premium RV sites, dining and more. People that work at Angel Fire are happy people!
The Ski Patroller is responsible for the risk management of the mountain including trail maintenance, on-hill medical emergency services, basic snow safety and avalanche control, signage, customer service, lift evacuations, accident investigations, etc. Applicants must provide exceptional guest service at all times, work well under pressure, follow strict policies and procedures, work as a team, and help foster a positive, fun, and safe work environment.
- Season Pass (Bike or Ski Lift Tickets)
- Free and Discounted Buddy Passes
- Dependent Season Passes
- Free/Discounted Lift Tickets at Partnering Resorts
- Free Group Ski/Snowboard Lessons
- Discounted Ski/Snowboard Lessons for dependents
- Discounts at all Resort Restaurants
- Discounted Rentals
- Discounts at Tubing Hill
- Complementary rounds of golf
- Complementary use of driving range
- Reduced Golf Cart rental rates
- Tennis Court Privileges
- Discounted Zip Line tours
- Access to Fitness Centers
- Discounts on hundreds of brands of gear
Base Pay: Starting at $17 per hour depending on experience
Employee Type: Hourly, non-exempt
Job Category: Seasonal, winter, full time
Leadership Responsibilities: No
Required Certs or Licenses: Driver’s license, EMT-B or OEC or RN, CPR for Professional Rescuer
Attendance: Regular, predictable, punctual, and in-person attendance is essential, includes weekends and holidays as scheduled
Estimated start date: Early December
Minimum Age: 21 (driving position)
Typical Shift: Starts around 7am and ends around 5pm with some night skiing shifts that end around 8:30pm
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides medical attention to injured/ill guests according to established policies and procedures.
- Responds to incidents as dispatched.
- Takes appropriate BSI precautions and wears appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Gives patient care report and transfers patient care to Clinic and/or EMS when necessary.
- Completes reports in an accurate, thorough and timely manner.
- Assists Senior Patrollers in accident investigations (i.e. interviewing witnesses).
- Locates emergency contacts for injured patients.
- Consults with Patrol Manager or Medical Control Director when protocol questions arise.
- Receives and communicates reports of injury to Patrol Dispatch.
- Frequently serves as Patrol Dispatcher and keeps up to the minute inventory of personnel, response units, and mobile supplies.
- Maintains an EMS activation log.
- Communicates (via phone, radio, and in-person) with Patrol Dispatch, 911 Dispatch, Clinic Staff and EMS/Fire personnel.
- Performs Lift Evacuation procedures as necessary.
- Follows radio protocol/etiquette at all times.
- Maintains radio communications with other staff to coordinate activities and achieve a high level of teamwork and efficiency.
- Works with a sense of urgency and completes tasks in a timely manner.
- Commits to follow all confidentiality regulations and guidelines as set forth by HIPAA.
- Adheres to the Angel Fire Resort Safety Manual, Employee Hand Book, and Ski Patrol Manual.
- Attends all required training.
- Maintains a high level of respect for resort property, including tools, work spaces, vehicles, resources, and facilities.
- Provides exceptional guest service at all times.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work weekends and holidays, day shifts and evening shifts, as required by the nature of the resort business
- Ability to work with people in a cheerful, courteous manner
- Ability to operate snowmobiles and utility vehicles
- Ability to safely navigate rescue toboggans in all conditions
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- At least one of the following valid and current certifications:
- Outdoor Emergency Care Technician
- NM EMT License (Basic, Intermediate, or Paramedic)
- Registered Nurse.
- Valid and current CPR for the Professional Rescuer certification.
- Valid and current driver’s license, insurable under company policy.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to ski at an expert level, maintaining control in all conditions and on all terrain. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee must regularly lift, move and carry up to 100 pounds.
Environment: This is a physically demanding, outdoor position and applicants can expect to work long hours in variable winter weather conditions. Must be able to regularly lift/carry 100lbs.
Other: A patrol vest or jacket and pants will be provided as part of the uniform. Must provide own ski equipment, helmet, goggles, base layers, etc.
Housing: Limited employee housing is available, reservation required. Employee housing is “dorm-style” and starts at $400/month. A list of local rental resources is available upon request.