Seeking a courteous, outdoorsy "people person" to field reservations phone calls.
High Altitude New Mexico, close to Colorado but lower cost of living, close to Taos and Santa Fe
- Angel Fire, New Mexico
- $11.00 / hour
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Jul 11, 2019)
About Angel Fire:
Angel Fire Resort is a top year-round mountain resort destination in New Mexico. Situated at over 8,600′ elevation in the Southern Rocky Mountains, Angel Fire strives to offer the best value and choice for family outdoor recreation activities to its members, guests and visitors–including skiing, snowboarding, tubing, sledding, golf, mountain biking, zip line, tennis, fishing, hiking and more.
Why work with us?
Our Reservations team is built on mutual respect and collaboration. Join the team and receive fun resort benefits which include dining & retail discounts, a free chairlift pass, access to the fitness centers, and much more! Engage in diverse and challenging work and be recognized for excellence.
Central Reservationist Summary:
This Position provides guest service to customers making reservations for lodging and activities by performing the following duties. The position is seasonal with opportunity to progress into a long term role for the right candidate(s).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Takes telephone reservations and operates computer software and printers to store and receive reservation data.
- Tests, inspects, and operates telephone, computer, and other equipment as needed.
- Adjusts errors and complaints.
- Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel services; shopping, dining, resort activities, entertainment, and travel directions.
- Quotes prices, computes bill, collects payment, and provides guest with confirmation of reservation.
- Sets reservations of lodging, adult ski and snowboard lessons; children’s ski and snowboard lessons; childcare; ski and snowboard rental; lift tickets; bike park tickets, rentals, and lessons; and zip line tours.
- Speaks with guests by phone to assist with reservation selection.
- Stays educated on all of the classes offered, products available, restrictions, requirements, and prices so as to coordinate reservations to meet the individual needs of the guest.
- Answers questions from both internal and external customers.
- Processes reservations
- Makes changes to existing reservations.
- Fulfills all other Reservations and creates packets 24 hours in advance.
- Distributes all other packets to guests at the front windows.
- Facilitates cancellations and refunds.
- Prints off-site tickets for marketing promotions.
- Makes accurate sales to customers.
- Promptly answers phone messages.
- Monitors Angel Fire Resort web site on a regular basis to be continually informed of mountain conditions, activities, events, and changes.
- Takes telephone inquiries and transfers calls.
Applicants must possess strong sales and customer service skills, in person as well as over the phone, be able to communicate effectively, perform all tasks with complete accuracy, and be able to maintain a positive attitude in a demanding environment.
Qualifications: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Order processing systems; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Pay: $11.00-$13.00 per hour depending on experience
Minimum Age: 18 years old
Estimated Start Date: Immediately
Schedule: Due to the resort nature of our business, applicants should expect to work weekends and holidays. Seasonal, Year-Round, Full-Time, and Part-Time positions available.
How to Apply
To apply, complete the online job application for this position by clicking on Apply Now.