Experience Kodiak Alaska & Challenge Yourself with Andrew Airways!
Andrew Airways Inc. is the largest float plane service on Kodiak Island. We specialize in customer service and work hard at creating and assisting in unique destinations for all our customers. We offer wheel and float plane charters to the location of your choice. We will assist with guided, unguided trips and offer outdoor gear rental upon request. Come join us. Experience life on our Island.
Kodiak Island is on the south coast of the state of Alaska, separated from the Alaska mainland by the Shelikof Strait. A multi-cultural town, residents of Kodiak believe they live in paradise.
About Andrew Airways
Are you ready to be part of Wild Alaska? How about living on an Island in the North Pacific? Andrew Airways, Inc. is the largest float plane service on Kodiak. We operate wheel planes too. We specialize in customer service and work hard at creating and assisting in unique and desired destinations for all our customers. From bear viewing to fishing, hunting, and flightseeing. We also provide air service to the six outlying villages of our Island. We have strength in realtionships established over two decades of being part of this community. Rich with stories and experiences. Is your life waiting for the experince to begin?
The ideal candidate for Andrew Airways, Inc. would be an individual invested in living in Kodiak. Someone that is excited about the community and is excited to contribute to that community. Capable and can commit. This person is a motivated self-starter, who can communicate well with others, and has the desire to learn and grow within the dynamic world of aviation and tourism. Bringing in unique ideas and success to this position.
Room and Board
Andrew Airways, Inc. does provide room and board. We have a rental house that accommodates four employees and the rooms are available on a first come first serve basis. With a good reputation for responsible/reliable employees, we also have connections with several rental businesses in town that we can recommend potential employees.
As a benefit of your employment with Andrew Airways, Inc. we are pleased to offer:
- Opportunities to fly in the Kodiak Archipelago, Katmai National Park, and the Alaska Peninsula.
- Employee rates are available on flights and ride-along on a space available basis
- Employee Potlucks and BBQ's
- Free/discounted Andrew Airways, Inc. merchandise
- Opportunity to participate in our benefits package 9Full time Employees, 6 months on the job)
- Sharing in our Id90 program with Ravn Air throughout the State of Alaska
Getting Here and Getting Around
By Air: Kodiak is located 250 air miles from Anchorage, AK. Kodiak has up to 8 commercial flights daily, depending on the season. These flights are serviced by Ravn Alaska and Alaska Airlines. This will be a short one hour flight, departing Anchorage and arriving in Kodiak.
By Sea: The Alaskan Marine Highway System provides passenger and vehicle service to Kodiak. The M/V Tustumena or the M/V Kennicott depart from Homer, AK. Staterooms, full-service dining rooms, solarium and public showers are available. This is a great way to travel to us and bring your own vehicle.
Alaska Marine Highway System: 1-800-642-0066, FerryAlaska.com
Kodiak is a dynamic community with a variety of activities to get involved in whether you are single or raising a family. See the list below:
- KMXT Public Radio-Volunteer to read the news or have your own show
- Kodiak Arts Council- Get involved with local theater groups and events in town
- Kodiak Camera Club- Have a passion for photography this is must be a part of group
- great Music- Kodiak is host to several music events throughout the Summer and early Fall seasons. Share your talent or Just enjoy!
- Wildlife viewing- Kodiak is home to many creatures. From marine mammals, fox, Sitka blacktail deer, seabirds and others, sea otters, and the busy ermine and river otters., to the resident "Kodiak" bear.
- Cultural and Historical activities
- Mountain Biking
- ATV excursions
- parks and recreation activities and public access cabins and campsites
- Volunteer opportunities are endless: Community Food Bank, Threshold Recycling, Historical Society...
- World Class Fishing and Hunting
- community Events
- local Concerts
- Learn to paint
- Visit jewel Beach
- Fossil Hunting at Fossil Beach
- Shooting ranges
- enduro or motocross riding/racing
- Walk/Jog or bike the path to Ft. Abercrombie
- Visit a local gallery
- Experience our museums
- visit the Farmer's Market and the Bear's Town Market
SEASONAL and year round CUSTOMER SERVICE/OFFICE STAFF
JOB TITLE: Seasonal Office Staff and Year Round Office Staff
Supervisor: Human Services
General Job Description: The ideal candidate has a keen desire to learn about the aviation industry and a solid background in customer service, computer, and phone skills and can work independently during peaks and flows of business. Ability to work with staff in all departments.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Intimate knowledge of our company's Fleetmatics reservation system and aircraft fleet following software
- Acts as the front line/ the first impression embodying the company;s vision and culture
- Ensure timely and accurate customer service
- Handle complaints and specific customer requests
- Inflight radio communication with pilots and aircraft
- Strong record keeping skills and organization
MINOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- General upkeep of office and surrounding area, assisting with expediting and driving
- social media skills are a bonus!
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE JOB:
Strong interpersonal and communication skills, proficient computer skills and solid knowledge of MS office, general bookkeeping and office procedures
Punctual, and willing to work overtime
Ability to multi-task and strong problem-solving skills
Computer knowledge and ability to navigate and troubleshoot cloud-based reservation system
Contract: Minimum of 6 months
Job Closing: 04/28/2018
Wage Range: $14-$17 per hour
Andrew Airways, Inc is in search of permanent fulltime mechanic to become part of our fleet maintenance team.
A&p mechanic wanted for part 135 operation working on Dehavilland DHC2 MK1; piston beavers: Dehavilland Turbine Beaver DHC2 MK3, Cessna 206, and Piper PA 32-301 Saratogas. Minimum of 3 years experience working on small aircraft required.
Candidate will need to relocate to Kodiak
Pay depends on experience
Housing assistance provided .
Health benefits after 6 months of employment.
Job requirements: FAA , A&P
How to Apply
Interested candidates, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume or general application 907-487-2566