Camp Chef - Looking for an adventurous individual to join the Aniak team for summer 2022!
Remote, pristine, isolated, the way Alaska always was.
- Aniak, Alaska
- $4,500.00 - $5,000.00 / month + tips
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
This position is for a chef / cook to join our team in our remote fly fishing camp on the banks of the Aniak river in central Alaska.
This person will be responsible for their own time management and schedule. Our past chefs usually spend a lot of time fly fishing or learning to fly fish with our staff. We recognize the importance of this role and our chefs are always treated like part of the family. Our guides especially take great care to keep our chefs happy and assist wherever they can.
- The position requires cooking breakfast and dinner for 16 guests and 12 staff members every day for the summer season, which is 12 weeks. It entails making lunch packs each day. The menu is straightforward and without frills.
- Our guests come home hungry and look forward to a hearty meal.
- This person will have a full-time camp assistant and will receive help from staff members with prep, serving and clean up.
- You will be given a lot of leeway to adjust the menu as fits your style and ability.
- The logistics of ordering and delivery of supplies will be handled for you and at your discretion.
Typical staples include grilled salmon and scallops, smoked brisket (on our propane smoker), rotisserie flame-grilled chicken (on our outdoor rotisserie), rotisserie grilled suckling pig (on our custom-built spit), pizza and wing night - which is a huge hit (on our wood-fired pizza oven), stuffed pork chops, grilled shrimp etc. Dessert includes apple pie and ice cream, cheesecake, and bread pudding. Smores are big here as well.
Lunches are typically sandwiches, tortillas or lettuce wraps. Breakfast is the usual suspect and may include breakfast burritos, biscuits and gravy, eggs, sausage, bacon, bacon, and bacon. Everybody loves bacon. We bake a lot of bread rolls every day as well.
An important aspect of this position is taking responsibility for food safety and kitchen safety practices. We pride ourselves in running a safe and happy kitchen.
How to Apply
Please call me on 720 280 1529 for further information. If I do not answer please text me and I will get back to you as soon as possible. (I am frequently out of range or off-grid fishing or traveling.) You can also email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will get back to you soonest.