Winter and Beyond job in Alaskan Mountain Town (Employee Housing Available)
Alyeska sits in a glacial carved valley in the mountains of Chugach National Forest
- Girdwood, Alaska
- $14.00 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Feb 14, 2020)
Responsible for checking guests in and out of the hotel, and assisting with general information and accommodates guests of Resort by performing the following duties.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Complete guest registration and check out processes. Greets, registers, and assigns rooms to guests.
- Select rooms based on guest needs and code appropriate room keys.
- Handle cash, credit card, currency conversions and other financial transactions. Computes bill, collects payment, and makes change for guests.
- Ensure guest satisfaction by respond guest inquiries with accurate information and a positive attitude. Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel services; registration of guests; and shopping, dining, entertainment, and travel directions.
- Respond to phone calls, retrieve guest mail, faxes and packages.
- Make restaurant, transportation, or entertainment reservation, and arranges for tours.
- Maintain familiarity of operations of Bell Desk, Front Desk, Night Audit, Recreation and Reservations including hotel computer system.
- Develop a strong knowledge of Resort activities, Girdwood Valley activities, and other potential points of interest to guests.
- Field and help resolve guest complaints.
- Provide constant and consistent communications with guest services and Front Office Manager.
- Post charges such as room, food, liquor, or telephone, to ledger.
- Other duties as assigned
Essential skills and experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior experience in Resort/hotel operations preferred.
- Must have knowledge in computer systems, Galaxy, Lightspeed, OPERA and RTP.
- Ability to read, comprehend and write simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to speak other languages in addition to English helpful.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to follow instruction in detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work well under pressure while tactfully and effectively resolving guest complaints.
How to Apply
Click APPLY NOW and apply online