Greatest Snow on Earth!
Come join us for the winter season to work and play in the "Greatest Snow on Earth" at Alta Ski Area!
Alta Ski Area is located in Utah's Wasatch Mountains at the top of Little Cottonwood Canyon, State Route 210. Alta is located 30 minutes from Salt Lake City.
About Alta Ski Area
Alta and skiing have been synonymous since 1938. A wide variety of terrain and unparalleled snow conditions, combined with enthusiastic and dependable employees, create the setting for an enjoyable and healthy work environment.
Seasonal opportunities run from November through April.
Room and Board
Alta Ski Area has a limited number of on-site beds for full-time essential employees. Please review the available positions for a complete explanation of housing options. Alta is located 30 minutes from Salt Lake City. There are many housing options including private homes, apartments, and rooms to share. The local "go-to" for classified housing listing is KSL News Classifieds. When looking for housing, consider finding a location that is near Utah Transit Authority (UTA) ski bus stops. Your employment with Alta Ski Area includes free use of the UTA ski bus, UTA Rideshare Vans (check with your supervisor for schedules and pick up locations), and car pool incentives.
To get more information about housing please click on the job you are interested in.
As a member of our Alta family, we want your time with us to be fun and rewarding. We hope you enjoy these perks!
- Free skiing at Alta with your employee ID.
- Qualifying employees are eligible for one Snowbird day pass per week.
- Your spouse and legal dependents are eligible to purchase ski cards at a very reasonable cost.
- Your employee ID allows you free use of Utah Transit Authority (UTA) ski buses.
- Employees are eligible to participate in our UTA Rideshare Vans.
- Employees are eligible for carpooling incentives.
- Employees are eligible for free class lessons and workshops.
- Your spouse and legal dependents are eligible to purchase ski school lessons, workshops and programs at discounted prices.
- Alta ticket vouchers for friends and family are available for qualifying employees.
- You and your family (with dependent ski cards) will receive 40% discounts at Alta restaurants.
- Employees get $.50 employee drinks at Alta restaurants.
- Employees receive 30% discounts at Alta Ski Shops and 2 free binding checks.
- Qualifying employees are eligible to receive 50% off day passes at Mountain Collective Resorts.
- Employees are eligible for ‘bro-deals’ on Promotive.
- Affordable medical, dental, vision, and life insurance are available to qualifying employees.
Getting Here and Getting Around
- Albion Grill
- Alf's Restaurant
- Alta Children's Center
- Building Maintenance
- Collins Grill
- Employee Kitchen
- Lift Operators
- Parking Attendant
- PSIA Certified Ski Instructor
- Ski School Apprentice
- Ski Adventure Center Coordinator
- Ski School Sales
- Ski Shop Employees
- Skier Services
- Snow Cat Operators
- Snow Removal
- Ticket Sales
- Vehicle Mechanic
- Watson Shelter
How to Apply
A completed application is required. An interview may also be needed. In accordance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, any offer of employment is conditional upon satisfactory proof of an applicant's identity and legal ability to work in the United States.
Alta Ski Area is an Equal Opportunity Employer and promotes a Drug-Free workplace.