Looking for a year-round career in the mountains? Come live and work in Alta!
Access to Alta's world class, year-round recreation right out the front door
- year round
- Alta, Utah
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (Oct 01, 2023)
Year-round, full-time position in Reservations available at a historic ski and summer lodge in Alta, Utah. Come make your career at Alta Lodge, where you can live and work in the mountains, with an amazing team of coworkers.
Job Description: sell an authentic Alta Lodge experience to guests. Ensure the accuracy of all reservations, rates and communications relative to Reservations and guests’ stay. Handle pre-arrival financial transactions between our guests and the Lodge. Consistently provide all guests with a genuine, high-quality hospitality experience. Possess a strong desire and dedication to passionately share Alta’s unique resort community and our authentic mountain experience.
A Reservations Agent should have exceptional phone and written communications skills; the necessary social skills to work with all types of guests/clients; strong attention to detail, the ability to work independently and creatively as tasks and problems arise; self-motivation to complete departmental tasks; aptitude to navigate all of our reservations systems on the computer; and be able to work well under pressure while meeting multiple and sometimes competing deadlines.
- Assist potential guests (via phone or electronically/email/online) with lodging reservations and their Alta vacation.
- Provide exceptional customer service and relations both externally (lodge guests) and internally (co-workers).
- Ensure accuracy of all aspects of the reservation(s) both front and back of house – guest information/history, rates, deposits/payments, communications/confirmations, databases, filing, etc.
- Optimize guest reservations, systems and communications.
- Provide timely correspondence and replies to all potential and booked guests.
- Develop extensive knowledge of accommodations, amenities, Alta resort (mountain, tickets, ski school, etc.) and town (other lodging properties and businesses), events, and special programs.
- Effectively communicate Alta Lodge experience and resort knowledge to all contacts.
- Responsible for departmental opening and closing duties as outlined.
- Track various data accurately.
- Assist in compiling reports.
- Ensure accuracy of online bookings.
- Assist other departments with various projects, including reservations.
- Manage office supplies in back office and ordering.
On-premise housing is available. Other perks:
- Delicious food
- Great ski time
- Ski pass
- Ski locker
- Ski-in-ski-out access to Alta Ski Area
- Access to hiking, biking, climbing, fishing, and more in the summers
- Great people and perfect location – living up in Alta is a once-in-a-lifetime experience!
- Free parking