Unique career opportunity! Maintenance Manager for historic ski lodge in Alta
Alta's and Salt Lake City's world class recreation is right out the front door
- year round
- Alta, Utah
- $50,000.00 - $63,000.00 / year
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Alta Lodge is a historic ski lodge, located at a world-famous ski area, requiring an experienced, motivated Maintenance Manager to maintain the building and manage a team of maintenance employees, to ensure a great experience for our guests and employees. Our buildings date back to the 1940’s-1960’s, and while older buildings can come with unique challenges, we take pride in having a well-maintained facility, which makes being a part of our maintenance team a meaningful career for someone who is passionate about skiing, Alta, and helping preserve one of the most important buildings in North American skiing history. The Maintenance Manager is responsible for monitoring, maintaining, repairing, and replacing the building's boilers, heating, plumbing and electrical, as well as managing the preventive maintenance scheduling, kitchen equipment, sprinklers, finishes, structures/roofing, and carpentry. The Maintenance Manager will manage a team of 4-5 maintenance employees and is responsible for setting schedules that align with the Lodge's business levels and maintenance needs, communicating with other Lodge departments, attending Manager Meetings, and resolving any personnel issues within the maintenance department. The Maintenance Manager receives the following benefits: health insurance, 401k, paid vacation, ski pass, great food and a friendly mountain environment.
- Maintenance of all building systems:
- heating/boilers/heat pumps
- hot water
- refrigeration/stoves/kitchen equipment/dishwashing equipment
- sprinklers, fire suppression and extinguishers
- diesel generator
- building fixtures and hardware, signage, windows, doors, paint, etc.
- furniture and room accessories
- maintenance shop and tools
- Set up and run comprehensive preventive maintenance program.
- Establish building projects and working with the General Manager to manage projects in order of priority
- Manage projects by outside contractors.
- Manage maintenance department; staff scheduling; project scheduling; management of people, staff time, projects; working with Lodge management and other Lodge departments.
- Run Lodge snowcat for winter and spring snow removal and storage
- Miscellaneous: pest control, interim storage and logistics, downtown pickups
- Maintain, update and expand Maintenance Manual.
- Everything else that comes up relating to our buildings and equipment.
10+ years of building maintenance experience, including ability and familiarity with:
- Gas-fired water boilers
- Carpentry and general construction
- Paint, finishes and building cosmetics
- Vehicles, snowcat and other machinery
- General fix-anything experience; ability to learn new things, deal with firmware, etc.; computer skills a plus but not essential.
- People skills and experience; integrity, dependability, trustworthiness.
- Salary DOE
- Health insurance
- 401k and profit sharing (after one year)
- Paid vacation starting at 1 week, increasing to 6 weeks
- Ski pass
- Ski Time: ski time flexible; days off can be weekdays, busy day shifts can be weekends, can split some other shifts for ski time.
- Ski locker
- Ski-in-ski-out access to Alta Ski Area
- Employee meals
- On-mountain housing possible
How to Apply
Apply online via the link below.