Sitka - Shore Support
$16.00 / hourApply Now
Summary: Direct & assist guests while dispatching Allen Marine tour vessels. Company liason to ship staff and assist with sales & logistics. Collect tickets and conduct end-of-day settlements. Assist with periodic reports & distribution of marketing materials. Present a professional and friendly attitude at all times and be able to answer an infinite variety of questions. Must be able to stand for long periods of time; walk up to 3 miles per day; be able to complete tasks with minimal supervision and have excellent math skills. Must be able to work as a team member and be comfortable interacting with strangers. This is a shore-based position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Present a professional and friendly attitude at all times while answering a variety of questions regarding Allen Marine Tours, Sitka, and SE Alaska.
- Direct and assist passenger movement during boarding and disembarking of tour vessels.
- Collect tickets/vouchers and conduct end-of-day settlements.
- Help dispatch and coordinate tour vessels, motorcoaches, and company vehicles in a professional and courteous manner.
- Act as company liaison to shore excursion staff, assisting with sales and logistics, including special needs guests.
- Help maintain dock security and visitor safety, and monitor communication systems.
- Assist with distribution of promotional tour materials.
- Data entry for various reports and ongoing surveys.
- Other duties as directed by Sales & Service Manager including but not limited to routine site/vessel maintenance, supply restocking and relief passenger service.
- Prefer experience in tourism/visitor industry.
- Must be able to make change, keep records, and maintain a professional, friendly, courteous attitude toward customers.
- Public speaking experience is helpful. Must be able to effectively communicate to large groups of people in a professional manner and work well in stressful situations.
- Must be able to follow direction and complete assignments with minimal supervision.
- Must be drug free (pre-employment and random drug testing is Coast Guard required).
- Must be able to work varied shift hours, including weekends and holidays.
- Computer and cell phone proficiency helpful.
Traits and Characteristics:
- Must be clean, well groomed, courteous, honest, professional, and most important, reliable.
- Must be able to work as a team with other employees.
- Proven record of organization
Work Environment: Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Ability to walk on uneven deck surfaces crossing from vessel to vessel. Must be able to stand for long periods of time and walk up to 3 miles per day.