Ketchikan - Shore Support
Supply CoordinatorApply Now
Summary: Under the supervision of the Operations Manager and Food and Beverage Director, this position is responsible for provisioning a fleet of vessels engaged in conducting tours for cruise ship passengers. This job contributes to the success of Allen Marine Tours by ensuring that all crews have the necessary supplies and merchandise to enable them to conduct the highest quality of excursion for our guests.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage tour and retail inventory include purchasing, receiving, stocking, and distributing all vessel supplies. Products to include cleaning and paper supplies; food and beverage inventory; and retail items.
- Work closely with purchasing office in Sitka and Food & Beverage team, to price and procure all products.
- Balance, reconcile and report all daily retail receipts from each vessel and/or crew.
- Track use of all tour supplies, keep accurate records, and prepare periodic reports to generate a final report at the end of the season.
- Coordinate and manage the cleaning of all vessel laundry (cloth towels, window diapers and rags).
- Develop/Maintain procedural systems for efficient distribution of all products to various vessels in fleet.
- Assist in training with all Passenger Service crew members in the use of supplies and the submission of paperwork and monitor performance throughout season.
- Maintain clean and orderly on site and remote storage areas.
- Act in a professional and pleasant manner in executing responsibilities as a liaison with crewmembers and local purveyors.
- Coordinate with Sales & Service Manager and Charter Coordinator to satisfy needs for special charters and events.
- Report to Operations Manager on a regular basis and in a timely manner to solve problems and expedite solutions.
- Supervise a team of 8-10: supply and shuttle team. Create a shuttle schedule based on operational needs
- Maintain a fleet of vehicles: cleanliness, operationally and report any mechanical or physical concerns to Management.
- Act as a relief shuttle driver
- Must have previous experience with inventory control, including ordering, tracking, and stocking of supplies and merchandise.
- Prefer previous experience in transportation or tourism industry.
- Must be proficient in the use of a variety of computer programs, including Word and Excel.
- Must be capable of handling and balancing cash/check/cc receivables on daily basis.
- Must have the ability to work independently, while operating effectively as part of a team.
- Must be drug-free (Coast Guard pre-employment and random drug test required).
- Must be well-groomed, courteous, reliable, punctual, and self-motivated.
- Requires a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Must feel comfortable driving a 15 passenger van.
Traits and Characteristics:
- Must possess exceptional communication and organization skills; and have the ability to multi-task and remain flexible in a demanding and fast-paced environment.
- Honest and dependable
- Ability to maintain a positive and calm temperament in a challenging environment.
Work Environment: Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Ability to walk on uneven deck surfaces crossing from vessel to vessel.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes