Spend your summer on the pier in Alaska, meet people from all over the world!
Amazing rainforest location with wildlife right out your back door!
- Juneau, Alaska, Ketchikan, Alaska, and Sitka, Alaska
- $16.00 - $16.00 / hour
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (Apr 17, 2023)
Reporting to Senior Sales Representative and Sales Manager. This position is responsible for directing cruise ship guests booked on Allen Marine excursions to assigned motorcoaches and/or designated waiting areas. This is a shore-based position in Downtown Juneau, Alaska.
Tour Representative: Complete Job Description
- Must present a professional and friendly attitude on duty and be able to answer a variety of questions about Allen Marine Tours, Juneau and Southeast Alaska.
- Act as company liaison to shore excursion staff, assisting with sales and logistics. This includes working with bus companies and ship staffs to ensure passengers’ special needs are met.
- Direct, assist, and organize passenger movement between cruise ship and tour coaches.
- Collect tickets/vouchers as passengers board motor coaches.
- Communicate effectively with other Allen Marine employees via company radios.
- Conduct settlement transactions with cruise line representatives.
- Maintain periodic reports of passenger counts and daily sales.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Prefer experience in the tourism/visitor industry.
- Present a professional and friendly attitude while working in a sometimes fast paced environment.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and walk up to 3 miles per day.
- Must be clean, well groomed, courteous, honest, punctual, and most important, reliable.
- Must feel comfortable approaching and speaking to people you don’t know.
- Must feel comfortable directing and speaking to large crowds.
- Ability to prioritize and handle numerous and various time-sensitive tasks while maintaining a great attention to detail.
- Ability to solve unique spontaneous problems regularly and make decisions quickly and confidently both as an individual and as a team.
- Ability to generate a multitude of co-operative relationships with co-workers as well as representatives of other companies involved with AMT.
- Must be able to complete tasks with minimal supervision & have basic math skills.
- Must be able to work varied shift hours, including weekends and holidays as well as long, early, and late shifts.
- Must be drug free (pre-employment screening and enrollment in random drug testing program is mandatory).
- Must always project professional and polished image.
DOE. Limited Benefits. This is a seasonal full time position from mid-April to October. Preference will be given to candidates who are available to work the entire season without interruption. An end of season bonus will be paid to employees who complete their contract in good standing.