Come Work and Play in the Last Frontier!
Outdoor recreation opportunities, amazing wildlife, and great people!
- year round
- Juneau, Alaska
- $90,000.00 / year
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (Jan 03, 2023)
The Director of Food & Beverage is responsible for the efficient overall management and operations of Allen Marine Tour’s food and beverage services to encompass Orca Point Lodge, Fin Island Lodge, on-site catering, food truck operations, and galley service aboard a fleet of 35 vessels located throughout Southeast Alaska.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Lead and manage according to the Core Values as defined in our Mission Statement: “Immerse each guest in a personable and unsurpassed level of service we call “True Alaskan Hospitality”.
- Plan and direct the daily functions of the food and beverage department to meet daily needs of the operation.
- Ensure compliance with state and federal health, safety, sanitation, and alcohol regulations and requirements.
- Ensure high standards of food and beverage quality are consistently executed across the department.
- Create innovative menus to highlight locally sourced, Alaskan food and beverage items.
- Work in partnership with the Director of Retail to maintain cohesive strategies in the galley/gift shops.
- Work in partnership with the Director of Sales & Service to ensure all marketed tour F&B components are met.
- Assist in recruiting and training seasonal food and beverage managers and crew for all areas of responsibility.
- Ensure consistency in the food and beverage training programs across department
- Implement effective controls of food, beverage, and labor costs.
- Ensure all critical marketed menu components are procured for future seasons.
- Audit all areas of responsibility to ensure standards are met in safety and hospitality
- Lead teams with enthusiasm and flexibility to meet the dynamic world of tourism.
- Build and maintain positive vendor relationships across communities.
- Adapt daily practices or menus based on guest, partner, or brand feedback.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ideal candidate will possess 5+ years of food & beverage leadership experience with preference within tourism industry
- Culinary or food service management degree preferred and progressive responsibility managing multiple food outlets is required
- Proven team player with a “can do” attitude.
- Certification or ability to become certified as a ServSafe Food Protection Manager, and Training for Alcohol Professionals (TAPS).
- In-depth knowledge of the food industry, to include health and sanitation procedures and hospitality.
- Strategic planner with technical skills, analytical ability, judgment and operational focus.
- Must have excellent organizational, leadership, problem-solving and communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office with expertise in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Ability to interpret and follow company rules, policies, and procedures as well as State and Federal regulations
- Ability to maintain composure with courteous and professional demeanor in stressful situations.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and able to effectively interact with guests.
- Must pass a security background check.
Traits and Characteristics:
- Strong commitment to safety.
- A genuine desire to serve the public.
- Positive, personable and professional demeanor.
- Adaptive to learning new skills and knowledge.
- Adaptive to changes in a progressive work environment.
- Strong record of being organized, dependable and punctual.
- Strong conflict resolution skills and ability to work within a diverse workforce.
Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays with extensive travel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Frequent travel across ports is required. Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Ability to walk on uneven deck surfaces crossing from vessel to vessel.