Passionate about cooking? Delighted by local Alaskan foods? Want to work in a kitchen by-the-sea?
Kitchen is on converted gold dredge alongside Glacier Highway north of Juneau our Capital.
- Work in a shiny new mobile kitchen on our facility where we operate a fleet of tour vessels., Alaska
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Jan 15, 2018)
Allen Marine Tours in Auke Bay, Alaska 12 miles north of Juneau, is looking for someone with skills and expertise in both the culinary and bakery arts. This full-time seasonal position will be instrumental in the creation of varied high-quality menu items for the 2018 Tour Season.
This will include a Dinner Menu, Lunch Menu, Buffet Line Items, Desserts and a variety of breads. All aspects of the operation must meet or exceed CDC/FDA standards and prescribed company food safety guidelines. As a working Chef, this position is responsible to ensure consistent, high food quality and presentation standards, as well as the efficient operation of the kitchen and well-ordered storerooms
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Timely preparation and presentation of all menu items.
- Choice of menu items for the varied dietary needs of our guests: vegetarian, gluten-free, sugar-free, low sodium and food allergies
- Early morning shifts: Tours can start as early as 4:30 AM.
- Adherence to all CDC/FDA food safety codes and guidelines: Maintain a clean, food-safe environment and a well-ordered kitchen
- Responsible for the training and performance of team members assisting you and vessel crew who are distributing your Chef created food products to our guests
- Clean, well-groomed appearance and decorum
- Develop menu items with the guidance of Company Division Manager, Senior Vice President, and Company Owners. Ensure all recipes are written down, easily accessible and clearly expressed
- Frequent communication of all important necessary information to vessel crew, supply transportation crew and senior management
- Maintain sufficient inventory levels and accurate ordering to minimize product loss
- Minimum of 3 years’ work experience in the culinary and/or bakery industry.
- Communication skills require the ability to communicate comfortably with managers, crew members, and supply vendors.
- An understanding of product cost factors and company retail pricing guidelines
- Furnish at least two letters of reference
- Have a passion for the culinary arts
- A desire to learn and to grow in your field of culinary arts
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screening and comply with company random drug testing program
- Ability to work long work days when necessary
Must be able to lift at least 50lbs.
Note: This job description is only intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an employee in this position. It is not to be intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties or skills.
How to Apply
Visit our Profile for additional information about our mission and culture. Then apply online. You MUST fill out our application prior to an interview. Do that NOW. You are welcome to email resume also if interested. If you are excited about the opportunity and can't wait - please call Lawrence directly at 907-738-0678!