Come Spend the last of your Summer by the Sea in Downtown Juneau, the Captial City of Alaska.
In Juneau, next to the nutrient-rich and whale filled waters of the Inside Passage
- Downtown Juneau in Southeast Alaska
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Jul 18, 2018)
We are seeking candidates that excel in busy, stimulating environments. Exceptional communicators with an aptitude for brevity, you’ve found your dream job! If you relish being challenged at work, and enjoy providing brilliant and brief customer service, we invite you to spend your summer as a Tour Representative with Allen Marine Tours in beautiful Juneau, Alaska.
As a Tour Representative, you will be the first person from our company to greet and interact with our international guests as they disembark their elegant cruise ships moored at the downtown docks. Join the festival-like atmosphere with a professional attitude and appearance, and a friendly demeanor. Much of your time will be spent working outside, moving around and on your feet. Successful applicants will possess excellent organizational skills, good basic mathematical skills, and most importantly, a positive, upbeat attitude.
- Must present a professional and friendly attitude at all times on duty, and be able to answer an infinite variety of questions about Allen Marine Tours, Juneau and Southeast Alaska.
- Act as company liaison to shore excursion staff, assisting with sales and logistics. This includes working with bus companies and ship staffs to insure passengers’ special needs are met.
- Direct, assist, and organize passenger movement between cruise ship and tour coaches.
- Collect tickets/vouchers as passengers board motor coaches.
- Communicate effectively with other Allen Marine employees via company radios.
- Conduct settlement transactions with cruise line representatives.
- Assist with distribution of promotional tour materials.
- Maintain periodic reports of passenger counts and daily sales.
- Other duties as needed, or assigned, by Sales & Service Manager.
- Prefer experience in the tourism/visitor industry.
- Must be able to continuously present a professional & friendly attitude while working for extended periods of time as well as in high-stress situations.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and walk up to 3 miles per day.
- Must be clean, well groomed, courteous, honest, punctual and most important, reliable.
- Must feel comfortable approaching and speaking to people you don’t know.
- Must feel comfortable directing and speaking to large crowds.
- Ability to prioritize and handle numerous and various time-sensitive tasks while maintaining a great attention to detail.
- Ability to solve unique spontaneous problems regularly and make decisions quickly and confidently both as an individual and as a team.
- Ability to generate a multitude of co-operative relationships with co-workers as well as representatives of other companies involved with AMT.
- Must be able to complete tasks with minimal supervision & have excellent math skills.
- Must be able to work varied shift hours, including weekends and holidays as well as long, early, and late shifts.
- Must be drug-free (pre-employment screening and enrollment in random drug testing program is mandatory).
- Must always project a professional and polished image.
Feel free to call our Sales & Service Manager, Molly Trostel, at (907) 789-0081 or 907-321-1198 with any questions. CALL MOLLY NOW!