Alaska Fly in Adventure Lodge seeks Kitchen Crew for summer 2023!
The lodge is surrounded by Wrangell-St. Elias NP, part of the largest protected landmass on earth.
- $3,100.00 - $4,000.00 / month + tips
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in 4 months. (May 29, 2023)
Ultima Thule Lodge is a paradise that lies deep in the Alaskan wilderness. The lodge is surrounded by Wrangell-St. Elias National Park, part of the largest protected landmass on earth and sits on the mighty Chitina river. Immersed in nature, a hundred miles from paved roads, you’ll discover a lodge steeped in luxury and centered on adventure. We are looking for someone to join our kitchen crew to maintain our impeccable standards in the kitchen and around the lodge.
Here at Ultima Thule Lodge, we take food seriously and lodge life revolves around the kitchen. We have several vegetable gardens and two greenhouses that provide fresh vegetables that we use on a daily basis. Our work environment is unlike that of most commercial/corporate kitchens as we are off the grid and road system. There are no stores close by so all of our ingredients are either sourced from the environment around the lodge or it must be flown in from hundreds of miles away.
The Kitchen Crew is responsible to assist in the preparation and execution of all guest and staff meals as well as a diverse set of food production activities based on the ideas and direction of the head chef. We have a small crew in the kitchen and everyone shares responsibilities such as cleaning up, mopping floors, and washing dishes. The ideal candidate would be someone who has a passion for food and hospitality, maintains a positive attitude even in high-intensity moments, can time manage, is collaborative and works as a team, has the willingness to take direction, has pride in their work, and is super flexible to able to fill in wherever needed. Responsibilities may include:
- Assisting the chef with food preparation
- Following recipes
- Harvesting and assistance in the greenhouse with vegetables and herbs
- Serving breakfast and dinner
- Cleaning and setting dining room
- Restocking and keeping an organized kitchen and dining room environment
- Maintaining a clean, safe and orderly environment in the kitchen, dining room, and staff areas
- Dishes, dishes, and more dishes
- Contributing to an efficient, positive kitchen environment
- Assisting with other lodge projects as needed
- Doing what is needed to ensure our 100% guest satisfaction standard