Beer and Fun in the Midnight Sun! Join the Brew Crew for Summer 2022
From Sea to Summit, Live. Life. Alaskan.
- Juneau, Alaska
- $17.00 / hour
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in 3 months. (Apr 25, 2022)
Come Join Alaskan Brewing Company for Some Fun in the Midnight Sun, Summer 2022!
Position: Seasonal Retail Associate
Starting Wage: $17.00/hr
Hours: 40 hrs/wk, some overtime possible, seasonal, May through mid-October
Benefits: Seasonal availability bonus, uniform allowance for Brew Crew gear, employee discounts, beer benefits, and employee events throughout the summer!
A Little About Us:
Alaskan Brewing Company is an award-winning craft brewery located in Juneau, Alaska. At Alaskan Brewing, our vision is to be a leader in the Craft Brewing Industry, focused on quality, community, and innovation. Alaskan Brewing Company remains locally owned and operated with the same core group of original investors, plus employee-investors and an employee stock ownership plan. Our core values are ethical, excellence, rooted in Alaska; with a continuing priority of making our workplace safe, fun, challenging, innovative and environmentally proactive.
The Seasonal Retail Associate’s primary responsibility is customer service at our various locations, including standard retail responsibilities and beer-tending. General tasks and responsibilities include:
- Welcoming and engaging customers while in the retail locations
- Participating with customers throughout their experience
- Operating cash register and POS system
- Maintaining merchandise stock, cleanliness, and organization
- Maintaining merchandise displays
- Maintaining general cleanliness of facilities
- Beer-tending at hospitality bar and tasting room
- Conducting guided tastings as needed
Reporting to the Retail Supervisor, this person works as part of a retail team, directly with customers, to ensure that each one is treated with an authentically Alaskan quality of service. Skills and knowledge needed to be successful in this position include:
- Passion for people
- Knowledge of merchandise inventory and features (training provided)
- Knowledge of Alaskan Brewing Company history, beers, and craft beverages (training provided)
- Ability to operate cash register and POS system (training provided)
- TAPs certification within 30 days of beginning employment (training, time, and certification paid for by Alaskan Brewing Company)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to perform time-sensitive, fast-paced, physically demanding activity
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
Live. Life. Alaskan. Our Brew Crew have a passion for the outdoors and the Alaskan lifestyle; we are hikers, bikers, wildlife watchers, boaters, anglers, photographers, skiers, snowboarders, rock-climbers, foragers, beach goers, dog-walkers and all-around enthusiasts who enjoy taking our brews out on a good adventure. Juneau is located in the heart of the Tongass National Forest and many of the ingredients we use, like spruce tips and glacial-fed water, are found in our backyard. While Juneau is the state capital, the population is only about 30,000; you can meet new faces and still enjoy a small-town feel. Juneau has its fair share of rainy days, but they seldom dampen the pioneer spirit we all share. From our vibrant summer packed with daylight and tourists, to our slower winters of countless cross country and downhill skiing opportunities, Juneau offers a wide variety of ways to live life Alaskan. Here at Alaskan Brewing Company, we are deeply rooted in our community. Our employee events, volunteer opportunities, and annual fundraisers keep us actively involved locally, nationally and in this exciting industry of ours.