Join our award winning craft brewery as a seasonal retail associate!
Juneau Alaska stands on one of the largest wilderness areas in the United States.
- Juneau, Alaska
- $14.00 / hour
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in 2 months (Apr 26, 2020)
Join an award winning craft brewery as an integral member of our retail team working in hospitality and tourism! The Alaskan Brewing Co. is seeking a team of enthusiastic beer lovers to work late April through September in its various retail locations. Must be 21+
Our Alaskan Tasting Room and Tour Hall are located in Lemon Creek and offer beer flights at the hospitality bar and guided tastings to visitors, as well as merchandise and beer sales. Visitors love sampling the beer while seeing our Brew Crew at work behind the scenes!
The Alaskan Depot is in the heart of downtown Juneau, and caters to locals and tourists looking for Alaskan beer gear, merchandise and gifts. Hoodies, t-shirts, pint glasses, artwork and more – you’ll find it at the Depot!
The Alaskan Outpost is housed downtown in the Wharf building next to the float plane docks, and is perfect one-stop shopping for on-the-go beer gear needs!
The Seasonal Retail Associate’s principal focus is to:
- Ensure that every customer that enters, or contacts by phone or e-mail is treated professionally with the utmost quality of service; and
- Speak to and answer questions relating to the Alaskan Brewing Co., its beers, and story.
The Seasonal Retail Associate’s responsibilities include:
- Meet and greet customers.
- Handle gift shop cash register.
- May be required to pour samples at hospitality bar. May be required to diligently monitor liquor age requirements as well as customer consumption, and address issues that arise.
- May be required to give public tours regularly with knowledge of brewing process.
- All Customer Service Representatives must understand Alaskan beer products and brewery “story.”
- Keep merchandise stocked, clean and organized.
- Maintain store and tour area appearance. Daily janitorial duties are expected including vacuuming, mopping, scrubbing, cleaning and supply stocking of restrooms, and other janitorial duties as assigned.
- May assist with display preparation.
- May assist with mail-order fulfillment and fulfillment of donation requests.
- May be required to fill in other areas of production/office/store responsibilities at all three locations.
- Ability to communicate well with other people, both orally and in writing.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work as a team.
- Physical ability to stack 40 lb cases to a height of seven feet and to lift kegs weighing up to 60 lbs as well as maneuver kegs up to 170 lbs.
- Ability to perform repetitive lifting, building product displays and merchandising store.
- Overtime and weekend work may be required.
Special knowledge and skills:
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Cash handling skills.
- Ability to set priorities and manage competing demands.
- Moderate computer skills using word processing, spreadsheet and database software.
How to Apply
Click APPLY NOW if you are interested in having fun while growing with one of the top 25 craft breweries in the country and apply via our website