Help us maintain a safe and clean environment at AWCC!
47 miles from Anchorage, surrounded by the Chugach mountains along the Turnagain Arm
- year round
- Portage, Alaska
- $19.00 - $19.00 / hour
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
AWCC is hiring for both Full-time, Year-round and Full-time, seasonal positions.
Please note that free dorm-style housing is available for this position on-site at AWCC.
Benefits are available for Full Time/Year-Round Employees. Benefits include health care premium paid in-full by the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center as well as 2-weeks paid time off, 403b plan plus nine paid holidays.
A valid driver's license is required for all employees.
Covid-19 Vaccination is required for employment with the AWCC
Under the direction of the Project & Maintenance Manager, is responsible for the general cleanliness of buildings, vehicles, and grounds at the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center. Clearly communicates with all AWCC staff and managers. Works closely with AWCC department managers to ensure buildings, bathrooms, grounds, and vehicles are clean.
Major Activities (Typical Duties/Responsibilities)
- Ensures effective and clear communication with AWCC Projects & Maintenance Manager, as well as all other AWCC department managers and staff.
- Assists the Project & Maintenance Manager in ensuring a productive, respectful, and positive work environment. Assists other departments as directed to ensure a team atmosphere.
- Performs daily janitorial services of all buildings, bathrooms, vehicles, and grounds.
- Operates equipment in a safe manner.
- Adheres to OSHA guidelines.
- Deep cleans all restrooms daily to include the Bison Hall Bathrooms, Bears Bathrooms, Barn Bathroom, Gift Store Bathrooms. Cleaning duties include toilets, urinals, mirrors, bathroom stalls, empties trash, unclogs toilets, sweeps, and mops floors, vacuum rugs, dusts, empties sanitary napkin bins, restocks toilet paper and hand towels. Ensures cleaning supplies, toilet paper, and paper towels are in stock and we do not run out.
- Performs inspections of all restrooms every two hours to ensure they are stocked and clean.
- Picks up trash and disposes of trash and keeps the AWCC grounds, parking lots, roads looking clean and tidy at all times. Empties garbage cans around the property as needed. Checks daily to ensure they are not overflowing. Wipes down garbage cans daily as well. All garbage is to be disposed of in the dumpsters located at the barn.
- On a weekly basis cleans and vacuum all AWCC vehicles.
- Assists with event set up and tear down in Bison Hall and the Event Tent as needed.
- Assists in helping other departments as needed and performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication, guest service and time management skills.
- Able to organize, plan for and manage assigned workload.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and multi-tasking, guest-oriented environment.
- A team player and a self-starter, yet able to work independently.
- Ability to listen, learn, understand, and follow instructions and directions.
- Must possess positive attitude and respectful attitude.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. frequently.
- Available to work varying shifts/hours based on business need, including weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to work outdoors in extreme wind, temperature, rain, and winter conditions.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Three to six months of prior high-volume work.
- Commercial, institutional, industrial, sanitization experience.
- A basic knowledge of the area and its surroundings.
- Bilingual or Multilingual skills ideal, but not required.
How to Apply
Clicking APPLY NOW will give you some more details.
Please send your resume and three references to email@example.com with attention to Pete Corkey.