Join the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center team!
47 miles from Anchorage, surrounded by the Chugach mountains along the Turnagain Arm
- Portage, Alaska
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in about 1 month (May 01, 2019)
Under the direction of the Project & Maintenance Manager, is responsible for the general cleanliness of buildings, vehicles, and grounds at the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center. Clearly communicates with all AWCC staff and managers. Works closely with AWCC department managers to ensure buildings, bathrooms, grounds, and vehicles are clean.
Major Activities (Typical Duties/Responsibilities)
1. Ensures effective and clear communication with AWCC Projects & Maintenance Manager, as well as all other AWCC department managers and staff.
2. Assists the Project & Maintenance Manager in ensuring a productive, respectful, and positive work environment. Assists other departments as directed to ensure a team atmosphere.
3. Performs daily janitorial services of all buildings, bathrooms, vehicles, and grounds.
4. Operates equipment in a safe manner.
5. Adheres to OSHA guidelines.
6. Deep cleans all restrooms daily to include the Bison Hall Bathrooms, Bears Bathrooms, Barn Bathroom, Gift Store Bathrooms. Cleaning duties include toilets, urinals, mirrors, bathroom stalls, empties trash, unclogs toilets, sweeps, and mops floors, vacuum rugs, dusts, empties sanitary napkin bins, restocks toilet paper and hand towels. Ensures cleaning supplies, toilet paper, and paper towels are in stock and we do not run out.
7. Performs inspections of all restrooms every two hours to ensure they are stocked and clean.
8. Picks up trash and disposes of trash and keeps the AWCC grounds, parking lots, roads looking clean and tidy at all times. Empties garbage cans around the property as needed. Checks daily to ensure they are not overflowing. Wipes down garbage cans daily as well. All garbage is to be disposed of in the dumpsters located at the barn.
9. On a weekly basis cleans and vacuums all AWCC vehicles.
10. Assists with event set up and tear down in Bison Hall and the Event Tent as needed.
11. Assists in helping other departments as needed and performs other duties as assigned.