Hiring Dinner Cook at Alaska Eco-Lodge
Glaciers, Backcountry, Chef, Alaska, Mountains
- $17.00 - $21.00 / hour + tips
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in about 2 months. (May 12, 2023)
We are hiring a Dinner Cook at the Kenai Backcountry Lodge, a historic homestead and eco-lodge. Presenting elevated comfort food in a log cabin lodge for groups of 10-20 guests. This lodge sits on the shores of a glacially fed lake and is surrounded by 2 million acres of protected wilderness.
You can complete our 2023 Employment Application with this hyperlink, and follow up with a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
JOB TITLE: Dinner Cook
JOB OBJECTIVE: To create and execute 4-course dinners to be served to guests on a nightly basis. Menu creation, kitchen supervision, food preparation and inventory control in a remote location.
SCHEDULING: This position is regularly scheduled for 40 hour work weeks. This role is based on a 5 day work week with 2 consecutive days off.
LOCATION: Kenai Backcountry Lodge, Skilak Lake, closest town (45 minute drive) Cooper Landing, Alaska; Kenai Peninsula. Staff members will fly (if not driving) into Ted Stevens Airport in Anchorage, Alaska where an Alaska Wildland Adventures’ manager or team member will provide transportation to the lodge. We also provide transportation back to the airport at the end of the season.
OUR SEASON: We ask applicants to be available for our entire operation season, from mid-May to mid-September.
THIS ROLE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Will take the lead on dinner for KBL guests 5 days a week.
- Promote a positive learning environment in the kitchen.
- Ability and willingness to accommodate a plethora of dietary restrictions.
- Responsibilities include: menu creation, staff supervision, quality control, oversight of meal preparation.
- Must have experience and skills in: Basic kitchen sanitation procedures, food preparation and storage including maintaining hygienic conditions, cooking, and presenting attractive family style meals in a timely fashion.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prepare foods and meals in an efficient and professional manner while working independently or in a team environment.
- Organization and management of foods and inventory rotation to improve quality and limit waste.
- Participate in company practices and policies to conserve natural resources, reduce landfill-bound waste, reduce or eliminate the use of environmentally harmful substances and products and work to help improve AWA’s environmental impact.
How to Apply
You can complete our 2023 Employment Application via the link below, and follow up with a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.