Join our team on one of the best trout and salmon fishing rivers in the world!
On the shore of the Kenai River tucked in the heart of the Chugach National Park
- Cooper Landing, Alaska
- $14.00 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in about 2 months (May 27, 2020)
Housing and Term: Housing is not provided but we can connect you to local affordable housing options. Full time employment (40hrs/week) from May 27th-October 1st. Pay based on experience.
Introduction to Troutfitters: Alaska Troutfitters was started in 1984 by legendary fly fisherman and river guide Curt “Trout” Muse. Since then Troutfitters has been bringing the highest quality knowledge and equipment to our customers and guests, through our full-service fly shop, guide service, and lodge. Located on the Kenai River in Copper Landing, our staff and guides are committed to bringing the wonders of fly fishing the Kenai and surrounding waters to all who pass through.
Job Description: Alaska Troutfitters is a seeking a positive, hardworking, personable, avid fly fisherman or fisherwomen, to join our team in the fly shop for the 2020 summer season. Our fast-paced environment requires excellent customer service/salesmanship skills, and the ability to respond calmly and positively to any situation thrown their way. They must have willingness to learn and become proficient with assisting customers with all products in the fly shop, setting up rods and terminal tackle, and recommending good spot to catch fish in our area.
- Perform all duties associated with maintaining a full-service fly shop
- Greet lodge guests, fly shop customers and guide service clients
- Answer phones and sell trips and lodge rooms
- Coordinate and run shuttles for the guide service
- Manage rental rods and waders
- Must has valid drivers license
- Must be legally allowed to work within US
- Experience towing trailers preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to do simple math (i.e. counting cash register)
How to Apply
To apply please submit 2 professional references, short cover letter detailing background, and a resume to: email@example.com