Come live the "Wild Life" at ATA Lodge
Located on the Alagnak Wild River in the Katmai National Park and Preserve of Bristol Bay, Southwest Alaska. We are an 20 minute flight from King Salmon (an hour flight southwest of Anchorage, Alaska
- ATA Lodge, MIle 52 Alagnak Wild River, King Salmon, Alaska
- unknown / month + tips
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in 4 months (May 13, 2020)
We are looking for a skilled Maintenance worker to perform upkeep tasks and repairs around the facility. You will be responsible for applying basic fixes to equipment and buildings and systems and ensure facilities are tidy and functional. General construction and mechanic experience is preferred with an understanding of plumbing, electricity, carpentry, painting, etc.
Being reliable with a keen eye for detail is essential. The ideal candidate will have experience and solid technical knowledge. You must also possess manual dexterity and physical stamina.
Other responsibilities may include loading and unloading aircraft, cleaning and vacuum packing fish, cutting firewood, painting, cutting grass, hauling luggage, bagging and disposal of garbage, and helping guides with their boats (fueling, cleaning, etc). Applicants must be physically fit and capable of occasional heavy lifting and physical work.
All employees are expected to be able to fulfill, adhere to and uphold the following:
- Excellent risk management capability in remote settings
- Engage and respond to guests in a positive, friendly and supportive manner,
including meeting their expressed and unexpressed needs
- Provide meaningful interaction with our guests
- Take care of Alaska trophy Adventures Lodge equipment and facilities
- Professionally represent Alaska Trophy Adventures Lodge and its Mission, Vision, and Values
- Act as a good steward of the natural world and follow Leave No Trace practices
- Participate in upkeep and maintenance of lodge and property when and if needed
- A positive, supportive team player
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Physically fit, able to work long hours in the field
- Experienced in guest services or group leadership preferred
Seasonal from Mid May through September
Wages dependent upon level of experience.
How to Apply
Send resume with photo and references to email@example.com