Come live the "Wild Life" at ATA Lodge
Located on the Alagnak Wild River in the Katmai National Park and Preserve of Bristol Bay, Southwest Alaska. We are an 20 minute flight from King Salmon (an hour flight southwest of Anchorage, Alaska
- ATA Lodge, MIle 52, Alagnak Wild River, King Salmon, Alaska
- $2,000.00 / month + tips
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in 4 months (Jun 01, 2019)
We are seeking a sous-chef looking for a seasonal position. Applicants should be strong team players, guest and service-oriented, positive, energetic, ambitious, motivated, hardworking, and have excellent supervisory and communications skills. We have no tolerance for cooks or chefs that bring a temper or a big ego.
We are presently looking for someone to help in the kitchen, preferably with culinary training and experience in meal preparation for up to 40 persons (clients and staff).
Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are served daily, and a more detailed description of this service will be provided later to qualified candidates in the hiring process.
Food Safety Certification is required. The applicant must maintain strong sanitation habits, strong customer service abilities who actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers. Ability to interact and communicate well with the clients and other staff. Ability to problem solve is also required.
The Sous Chef may also be asked to aid as needed the Camp Manager with any duties related to the Lodge, whether kitchen related or not. This means there are times when this position may involve doing housekeeping, grounds keeping, etc.
All employees are expected to be able to fulfill, adhere to and uphold the following:
- Excellent risk management capability in remote settings
- Engage and respond to guests in a positive, friendly and supportive manner, including meeting their expressed and unexpressed needs
- Provide meaningful interaction with our guests
- Take care of Alaska trophy Adventures Lodge equipment and facilities
- Professionally represent Alaska Trophy Adventures Lodge and its Mission, Vision, and Values
- Act as a good steward of the natural world and follow Leave No Trace practices
- Participate in upkeep and maintenance of lodge and property when and if needed
- A positive, supportive team player
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Physically fit, able to work long hours in the field
- Experienced in guest services or group leadership preferred
Season is from June through September
How to Apply
Send resume with photo and references to firstname.lastname@example.org