Spend your summer guiding in the mountains of southeast Alaska as a Backcountry Jeep Guide!
Ketchikan, Alaska -- Alaska's "First City" and the salmon capital of the world!
Posted: Feb 28, 2023
- Ketchikan, Alaska
- $15.00 / hour + tips
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts soon! (Apr 10, 2023)
As a Backcountry Jeep Guide, you will lead clients on historic logging trails to an alpine lake. Once at the lake you will guide clients in a traditional style canoe, delivering narrative information on the history, flora, and fauna of the area. You should be in good physical condition and prepared to work in inclement weather. Current CPR/First Aid certification required.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Providing pre-trip safety and skills briefing for the guests & the operation of a safe tour
- Accurate completion of administrative paperwork
- Daily cleaning and maintenance of all equipment and facilities
- Sanitary food service during the snack portion of the tour
- Learning the information necessary to deliver an entertaining and informed narrative during the tour including flora, fauna, and natural history of the area
- Creating a positive, professional culture and work environment
- Understanding and compliance with company safety & operational policies
Flexible start/end dates, housing program available, competitive wages plus tips, and a performance-based bonus program!
How to Apply
Please apply at the link below