Raft Guide in Southeast Alaska!
You will be guiding on a glacial river!
- Juneau, Alaska
- unknown / hour + tips
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in 3 months (May 10, 2020)
As a river guide you will lead guests to view the Mendenhall Glacier; before dropping into approximately 5 miles of the glacial Mendenhall River (including a one-mile section of class II whitewater). While floating the down the river you will share the robust history of Juneau, as well as our ever-changing landscape and uniqueness of a glacial river.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Providing pre-trip safety and skills briefing for the guests & operation of a safe tour
- Daily cleaning and maintenance of all equipment and facilities
- Learning the information necessary to deliver an entertaining and informed narrative during the tour including flora, fauna, and natural history of the area
- Creating a positive, professional culture and work environment
- Understanding and compliance with company safety & operational policies
- You may also assist as a guide shuttle driver.
- Attention to detail
- Time management skills
- Effective and efficient communication skills
- Ability to remain calm and maintain professional appearance under pressure
- Ability to partner and work as a part of a team
- Willingness to learn many new skills (to include rescue, safety, etc.)
- Previous rowing experience is a plus
- Current CPR/First Aid certification required.
- You should be in good physical condition and be able to lift a min. of 75 lbs.
How to Apply
Click APPLY NOW to apply online