Come work on glacial water and view the Mendenhall Glacier! You will both kayak and canoe!
A unique opportunity guiding next to a glacier on glacial water
- Juneau, Alaska
- unknown / hour + tips
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in about 2 months (Apr 10, 2020)
Mendenhall Lake Canoe & Kayak Guide
As a Canoe and Kayak Guide, you will lead guests across Mendenhall Lake to the infamous Mendenhall Glacier that is representative of the formation of the Southeast Alaskan landscape. You will witness a snapshot of the World’s longest migration pattern, as well as the towering power of the 278 ft. Nugget Falls.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Providing pre-trip safety and skills briefing for the guests & operation of a safe tour
- Daily cleaning and maintenance of all equipment and facilities
- Sanitary food service during the snack portion of the tour
- Learning the information necessary to deliver an entertaining and informed narrative during the tour including flora, fauna, and natural history of the area
- Creating a positive, professional culture and work environment
- Understanding and compliance with company safety & operational policies
- You may also assist as a guide shuttle driver.
- Attention to detail
- Time management skills
- Effective and efficient communication skills
- Ability to remain calm and maintain professional appearance under pressure
- Ability to partner and work as a part of a team
- Willingness to learn many new skills (to include rescue, safety, boat operation, etc.)
- Previous rowing experience is a plus
- Current CPR/First Aid certification required.
- You should be in good physical condition and be able to lift a min. of 75 lbs.
How to Apply
Please apply online.