Sales and Marketing professional needed in Juneau Alaska!
Mountains, Forests, Ocean, Glaciers, Glacial fed rivers and streams.
- Juneau, Alaska
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Jan 09, 2019)
We are seeking a highly skilled, adaptable, and reliable sales and marketing associate. In this position, you will report to the Director of Sales and Marketing and work directly on the planning and implementation of our sales, marketing, and advertising activities. You should be familiar with analysis and market research, product and service promotion. Prior sales and marketing experience are required. Tourism sales experience desired.
Sales and Marketing Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage daily administrative tasks
- Conduct market research and identify new sales and advertising opportunities.
- Gather and analyze consumer behavior data (e.g., web traffic and rankings)
- Generate reports on marketing and sales metrics
- Contribute to collaborative efforts and organize promotional events
- Coordinate with design and content teams to generate digital, social and print advertising material
- Maintain and update impeccable records of marketing metrics and results of past campaigns
- Prepare and deliver regular sales reports
- Monitor and report competitors’ marketing and sales activities
- Assist in preparing custom tour programs
- Communicate with cruise line shore excursion staff, third-party sales staffs as well as directly with our tour passengers
- Monitor and assist in managing sales contractors
- Assisting our office, dispatch and dock staff as needed
- Update spreadsheets, databases, and inventories with statistical, financial and non-financial information
- Compose and post online content on the company’s website and social media accounts
- Write marketing literature (brochures, press releases, rack cards, ad copy) to augment the company’s presence in the market
Requirements and Qualifications
- Successful work experience in a sales or sales management position, with some marketing experience.
- Good understanding of office management, sales, sales management, and marketing principles.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite, need to have a strong working knowledge of excel.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Interest and experience in Social Media platforms
- Demonstrable ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines
- Well-organized with a customer-oriented approach
- BS in Marketing, Business or relevant field or equal experience is desired.