Selling Awesome Southeast Alaska Excursions
Work from your location!
- Skagway, Juneau, Ketchikan (SE Alaska or Remote)
- $15.00 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in about 1 month (Mar 07, 2019)
Join our growing team!
Alaska Shore Tours specializes in travel planning for visitors to Southeast Alaska. Working with local tour companies in Juneau, Ketchikan, and Skagway, Alaska. Shore Tours works to promote day trips and excursions for these companies to a wide market, namely cruise passengers sailing the Inside Passage.
We are looking for self-motivated individuals with strong customer service, sales, and computer skills to assist in an evolving, online-based tour agency. Responsibilities include answering phone calls throughout the day, responding to email inquiries, and creating shore excursion itineraries for guests arriving in Juneau, Skagway, and Ketchikan. Local knowledge and previous tourism experience are a plus. Experience with online databases or CRM is mandatory.
This is a work from home/remote position. Ideal candidates are self-motivated, able to work independently as well as part of a team, have strong written and verbal communication skills, can adapt to quick shifts in priority, and have a high proficiency for learning new software and using multiple programs and tools at once.
Travel Included: Experience the Tours You're Selling
Travel for training and to the towns we service will be part of the job and the flexibility and desire to get outside and experience SE Alaska is important. We want people who want to experience tours we offer and share those experiences with future visitors!
Ability to manage day-to-day operations while executing long-term, larger scope projects at the same time is crucial. We are a growing business and looking for the right individuals to join us.
This is a seasonal, full-time position from mid-March until the end of August. Compensation includes $15.00/hourly wage and performance-based bonuses.
Check us out online:
Specific responsibilities include:
- Answering phone calls, emails, and other inquiries regarding shore excursions throughout the day.
- Creating itineraries for cruise guests who will be arriving in Juneau, Skagway, and Ketchikan.
- Following up with potential clients and implementing strategies to increase bookings and sales.
- Becoming familiar with the tours and excursions offered and learning the nuances involved in booking methods, customized itineraries, and vendor preferences.
- Meeting quarterly and seasonal sales team goals.
- Participating in weekly team meetings by video conference.
- Developing expert level skills in the booking software, project management software, customer communication software, and other tools used simultaneously to maintain accurate customer and reservation records.
- Minimizing errors in day-to-day logistics by staying organized and collaborating with a remote team.
- Participating in the maintenance of relationships with vendors and ensure a high level of vendor satisfaction.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate multiple software applications and an otherwise high proficiency for learning new technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills used effectively in a business environment.
- Proven experience collaborating with the team to achieve mutual goals.
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to learn an organization, its purpose, and priorities.
- Strong organizational skills within a flexible and adaptive work environment.
- Work experience in a team environment with minimal supervision, demonstrating an ability to work independently, prioritize, and take appropriate action.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with others to complete complex and sophisticated projects and programs.
- Flexibility to travel for training, travel within Southeast Alaska and the Yukon, and the physical ability to join and experience all of the tours offered