Work the summer as an ATV Fleet Manager in the beautiful Alaskan Wilderness
Epic mountains with great views, and easy access to many outdoor activities.
- Haines, Alaska
- unknown / hour + tips
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in 3 months. (Apr 17, 2023)
Alaska Mountain Guides (AMG) operates an exciting ATV tour program for guests on cruise ship-based day trips. The trips are held in the beautiful mountains outside of Haines, AK. The ATV Fleet Manager responsibilities would include maintenance of the machines, accurate and regular record keeping, and some guiding/driving. The ATV Fleet Manager will report to the ATV Manager and Haines Program Manager. This job involves working outdoors, in remote location, in possibly inclement weather. We utilize Artic Cat Wildcat 2 seaters, and Kawasaki
Teryx 2 and 4 seater machines.
- Be at least 21 years old.
- Ability to operate ATVs.
- Intermediate-advanced mechanical skills.
- Ability to perform ATV maintenance such as oil and other fluid changes, tire repair and replacement, air filter cleaning, fuel filter changes and other preventative maintenance.
- Completion of AMG ATV program training. Training is generally 7 days but may be longer. Training will include policies and procedures, maintenance and emergency response.
- Strong organizational and record keeping skills and communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license with clean record.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office.
As ATV Fleet Manager your job is to ensure that our fleet of ATVs are well maintained, well documented, reliable, and safe.
- Create, document, and carry out preventative maintenance schedule.
- Assist guides and program manager with daily site setup.
- Coordinate with office so we know how many working ATV’s we have at all times.
- Help ATV Program Manager to run a safe, efficient and high-quality ATV program.
Alaska Mountain Guides Adventures
- Must immediately address any performance or safety issues with machines as they occur.
- Ensure that all machines are cleaned appropriately.
- Perform all possible preventative maintenance is in a timely manner that is well documented.
- Manage employees that are assisting with maintenance goals.
- Manage the inventory of supplies needed and common replacement parts
- Coordinate with our staff mechanics and operations management for more comprehensive repairs.
- Identify ATV maintenance needs and report to the Haines Program Manager. Track maintenance by machine using maintenance logs. Ensure daily and weekly vehicle checks are being performed and documented.
- Identify recurring issues with the fleet of machines and find solutions.
- Help the ATV Program Manager to create, modify, and strengthen systems associated with maintenance, guide performance and tour quality. Assist with modifications to ATV program manual on an as needed basis.
- Assist the ATV Program Manager in providing written weekly reports.
- Help the ATV Program Manager to organize and manage season put-away of ATV program equipment.
- Other duties as dictated by daily needs.
- Becoming a guide with Alaska Mountain Guides (AMG) in rugged southeast Alaska requires verification of your technical competency, leadership skills, sound judgement, and knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Be willing and able to support ATV route and site maintenance. Potential for vegetative clearing, chain-sawing, shoveling, or other activities that enable a viable and quality guest experience.
- Assist with other jobs/projects as needed by AMG administration. This may include but is not limited to: Driving vehicles with guests or with our equipment, Cleaning/maintaining gear, vehicles and warehouse. Assisting with grounds/lodging maintenance, cleaning and general support. Road maintenance & repair – clearing of vegetation, shoveling, or other ATV route maintenance
- Must at all times be clean, well groomed, courteous, honest and reliable.
- Early to mid-June through late August is the height of the cruise ship season. In this period guides may be required to work up to 40+ hours/week. During the height of the season long periods of time off will likely not be able to be provided
Alaska Mountain Guides Adventures
- Employees may be called on to participate in other Haines programs at any time. This may include but is not limited to: hiking tours, gear truck driving, CDL bus driving for other tours, vehicle maintenance, general driving duties, food prep, gear maintenance, and overall operational support.
- The ability to be flexible with schedules and adapt to changes, sometimes with short notice, is a requirement and expectation of employment.
LIVING SPACE AND RENT STRUCTURE
Camping and/or vehicle housing at our warehouse yard in Haines is available on a case by case basis for a nominal fee. Guides must register with the office in advance. Space will be given on a first-come-first-served basis and taking into account seniority.
Our employees are also welcomed to pursue their own housing options in town.