Come live an work in the Adventure Capital of Alaska! We are seeking a leader for our amazing team!
Haines, The Adventure Capital of Alaska!
- Haines, Alaska
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts soon! (Apr 01, 2019)
Haines Cruise Operations Manager
- Expected number of hours – 40-50 hrs/week - 5 days per week
- Year-Round Role – starting early April
- Salary Role - $3700 - $4200 monthly DOE
- Schedule may vary
Winter role vs. Summer role varies considerably in terms of time, projects, and general business of the Haines office.
Ideal Candidate will have:
- Previous experience in cruise industry and/or tourism
- Excellent organizational and management skills
- Strong Computer and database skills
- Excellent customer service and associated experience
- Reports to Haines Program Manager
- Work closely with Client Care Manager for client care and long trip sales
- File Weekly report to Haines Program Manager
- Manage Haines Cruise Dispatch Team with support from Haines Cruise Program Manager
- Manage Haines Cruise Program Guides, Drivers and field staff
- Help manage vehicle fleet, maintenance, records, and general tour preparedness
- Create agenda for and lead cruise program team meetings
- Support development, quality, efficiency and overall cruise programming in Haines.
- Coordinate with Administrative Coordinator to balance LT admin support with Cruise programming support
- Delegation of Cruise program office tasks to Dispatch team
Administrative Cruise Program support & leadership
- Support dispatch functions including but not limited to: schedule, radio management, database interface, daily preliminary reports, accurately recording final numbers
- Continue to develop Database knowledge & support Database training for new office staff
- Support Haines Cruise programs & product development
- Work with Haines Cruise Program Manager
- Manage Dock presence & support Cruise Line relationships for boats in Haines and/or Skagway
- Support other familiarization trips with cruise ships and onboard sales team as needed
- Help lead communications with all cruise ship partners for Haines-based ships
- Help lead communication efforts with local partners
- Help Manage Guide Cruise paperwork (pre-trip and post-trip)
- Schedule writing
- Coordinate & manage Catering department
- Coordinate with Haines Skagway Fast Ferry as needed
- Help out with other aspects of the cruise program as needed
- Off Season allocation creation and management
- Coordinate and implement Emergency Response procedures in office and directing field staff.
Expedition Program Sales/Client Care Functions – these responsibilities will come secondary to cruise programming, with additional support in the shoulder seasons.
- Support sales efforts - Answer phone calls and emails from guests looking to book trips. Facilitate booking/sales
- Support Sales, Administrative, and Operations departments with daily responsibilities
- Coordinate with appropriate manager for specific functions
- Support Client Care efforts such as pre-trip emails, post-trip follow-ups, and paperwork collection
- Assist with phone reception
- Support Season start up and season shut down – vehicles, employees, site locations, equipment, etc…
- There may be occasional need for driving (both office support and LT guest support).
- CDL or willingness to acquire CDL
- Support other projects/tasks on an as-needed basis
How to Apply
If you are interested in pursuing one of this position, please click APPLY NOW to visit our website and fill out an application.
Email us an application, cover letter and resume. We will formally begin the application review process at that point and contact you thereafter.
Employment Link: http://alaskamountainguides.com/employment
Explore our trips!: http://skagwayexcursion.com/