Have an amazing summer managing a guide and office staff in beautiful Skagway, Alaska!
- Skagway, Alaska
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts soon! (Mar 15, 2018)
The Skagway office’s main responsibility is to carry out the company’s mission of providing clients with a safe, enjoyable, and educational wilderness experience. The Skagway office facilitates the operation of all of our day programs via scheduling, sales, cruise ship correspondence, and ensuring guides complete their jobs and the paperwork it entails.
Alaska Mountain Guides
Alaska Mountain Guides is the premier outdoor adventure guide service in Southeast Alaska. Day trips out of Skagway and Haines include rock climbing, zip lining, hiking, kayaking, and canoeing. AMG also offers multi-day expeditions and instructional courses across the globe.
Guiding Alaskan rivers since 1978, Chilkat Guides has been a leader in river guiding for over three decades. Hike and float the historic Chilkoot Trail, raft through the Chilkat Bald Eagle Preserve, or experience the culture and history of the Tlingits in their mother village of Klukwan on one of our day trips. Chilkat Guides also offers multi-day rafting adventures on some of North America’s most wild and remote rivers.
Skagway Specific Employee Information:
Essential Job Functions
- Be the lead in running daily operations.
- Oversee the guide and management staff.
- Create and executing guide/office schedules.
- Create agenda for and lead team and office meetings.
- Provide feedback and implement plans to increase efficiency.
- Ensure guides and office staff are on task and on time.
- Dispatch tours via office radio.
- Allocate additional space to ships when sales dictate.
- Promptly respond to all cruise ship emails.
- Departure Allocations -- adjust allocations to maximize sales.
- General Administration support.
- Delegate tasks to managers and staff as they arise.
- Support projects and additional responsibilities as needed.
- Must possess the desire to continually improve his/her knowledge and skills.
- Must at all times be clean, well groomed, courteous, honest, and reliable.
- Must possess a positive attitude that is friendly, considerate, strong, and energetic.
- Must be willing to work as a strong team member, assisting in the maintenance of group morale.
- The Operations Manager reports to the Program Manager.
Experience Required to Perform Job Requirements
- Prior tourism experience preferred.
- Must possess strong work ethic.
- Must be punctual.
- Must be organized.
- Must have great, positive attitude.
- Must be comfortable speaking to large groups of people.
- Must be able to handle multiple, simultaneous groups of guests.
- Must possess or be willing and able to acquire class B Commercial Driver License (CDL).
Salary: $3,500.00 to $4,000.00 /month
How to Apply
If you are interested in pursuing this position, please visit our website to fill out an application. Email us an application, cover letter and resume. We will formally begin the application review process at that point and contact you thereafter.