Work on a glacier in SE Alaska
About 3500 feet above Skagway, AK on the Denver Glacier
- Skagway, AK
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in 3 months (May 01, 2019)
Join Alaska Icefield Expeditions to work with our team of Iditarod, Yukon Quest, and Professional Athletes! Our passion for mushing and the North Country is exemplified by the personal attention guests receive from our staff.
This is a great opportunity to work in one of the most beautiful places on the planet and with an Alaskan Family Owned and Operated Business.
The job is in a remote location on the Denver Glacier near Skagway Alaska. Our camp is only accessible by helicopter. The season runs from May through September. Must be able to work the whole season.
We are looking for Snowcat driver/tour attendant.
Snowcat Driver/Tour Attendant Duties:
- Driving passengers from camp and designated spot with Hagglunds BV-206 snowcat
- Grooming trail
- Loading/unloading passengers and gear from helicopters
- Physically Fit
- Helping to maintain camp
- Valid First aid and CPR cards are required prior to start of employment
- WFR,ETT,EMT preferred but not necessary
- Mechanical skills are a must
- Experience operating equipment
- Experience driving large vehicles - preferred but not necessary
- Must love talking to people you have never met before
- Ability to get along with coworkers is a must (there are 16 people in camp)
- Be a team player
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Be extremely attentive to surroundings and the safety of others
- Must have a positive attitude.
- Must love dogs and not be bothered by barking
- Possibly handling dogs
Housing is 2 to 4 people living in vinyl quonset huts. There is a full time cook on staff to provide all meals. There is no charge for room and board. One day off a week in town. We have housing provided there too. You pay for food while in town.
Pay is approximately $3250 per month
How to Apply
Click APPLY NOW to complete our online application.