Join Our Glacier Sled Dog Team!
Mendenhall, Herbert and Denver Glaciers
- Juneau and Skagway, Alaska
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in 2 months (May 01, 2020)
Do you love dogs and meeting new people? Would you enjoy learning about a unique way of life and world-class athletes? If so, then we're looking for you!
No experience necessary!
Alaska Icefield Expeditions is looking for energetic and hardworking folks to join our team for the 2020 Summer. We offer dog sledding tours on the glacier in Southeast Alaska.
- Dog Handlers will maintain guest safety and assist Mushers in getting in and out of dog yards with teams.
- Each Dog Handler is responsible for assisting Mushers in conducting safe tours. Dog Handlers inspect dogs on a daily basis for general health and fitness.
- Dog Handlers will work throughout the camp to meet the needs of the day. You may be assigned different duties on any given day at the Camp Manager’s discretion.
- Load/unload guests and supplies from helicopters
- Must be able to legally work in the U.S.
- Valid CPR and First Aid certification required.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Point of hire is Juneau and Skagway, AK.
- Employees live in wall tents on the glacier.
- Must be available from the beginning of May to September.
“Puppies, sunshine and glaciers! How can it get anymore amazing than that?” -@makay907 🐶🐾☀️ • • TEMSCOs Dock Manager enjoyed her first time to dog camp to say the least. Experience this same adventure with TEMSCO in 2018! Travel Juneau • • #helicopters #travel #instatravel #travelgram #tourist #tourism #vacation #getaway #traveling #trip #vacation #ilovetravel #jetsetter #visit #view #traveling #visiting #instago #holiday #fun #instatraveling #igtravel #travelling #travelpics #passportready #travelblogger #instavacation #wanderlustPosted by Temsco Helicopters on Friday, January 12, 2018
How to Apply
Please click APPLY NOW or visit akdogtour.com. Please include a cover letter and resume.