The 'go to' person - coordinate between ground staff, pilots and guests.
Mountains, glaciers & helicopters - does it get any better?
- Palmer - Knik River Valley, Alaska
- $18.00 / hour
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in 3 months (Apr 13, 2020)
Our Operations Coordinator is the spider in the web at our Knik Glacier Base. They coordinate between our ground staff and pilots and assign guests to specific helicopters. They do the initial weight & balance, are in charge of safety on the heli pads and clears aircraft for take-off and landing. This is our most dynamic and responsible seasonal position and we are looking for strong communicators who flourish in a team environment.
The Operations Coordinator will be responsible for the following tasks:
- First point of contact for tour pilots assigned to their base
- Check flight manifests and weight & balance for pilots
- Coordinate guest pickups with shuttle drivers
- Manage late arrivals / no shows
- Evaluate weather conditions and coordinate with pilots and guides
- Ensure safe, efficient and timely operation off all helicopter tours
- Flight following and radio contact with aircraft
- Clear aircraft for take-off and landing
- Make hot loading / unloading decisions and communicate with ground staff & pilots
- Coordinate crew changes, supplies and provisions with remote camps
- Train, supervise and assist Ground Ops staff as needed
- Ensure safety around fuel, helicopters & heli area
- Assist reservation team with last minute tours / bookings at location
- Keep reservation system up to date with check-in data
- Assist with aircraft fueling as needed
- Maintain fuel log and assure sufficient fuel is available
The ideal candidate has previous experience around aircraft, has a warm attitude towards guests and staff with various ethnic and cultural backgrounds, has excellent decision making skills merging operational efficiency with guest satisfaction. If you like working in a small team of passionate outdoor & aviation professionals providing world class adventures this is your chance to grow with us!
This is a full time position (4days @ 10 hours). Pay is $18/hr with option for raise based on performance, plus end of season bonus, sponsored housing (you pay $8 per day) and free tours on your days off if we have empty seats. We will provide training and coaching through the season. Interested? Email us today, we'd love to speak with you soon!
How to Apply
Send us your resume with relevant experience. We're looking forward to speaking with you soon!