Join us for an Alaskan Adventure in Bristol Bay, Alaska!
Unique, Rural, Wild
- Naknek, Alaska
- $12.19 / hour
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts soon! (Jun 15, 2020)
ALASKA GENERAL SEAFOODS IS HIRING FOR SALMON SEASON! Come join our summer crew!
Experience Alaska! Alaska General Seafoods is looking for energetic, adventurous, hardworking people to join our team in beautiful Bristol Bay. Alaska General Seafoods is a salmon processing facility located off the Naknek River; home to the largest sockeye salmon run in the world. We process millions of pounds of salmon each season!
We require our employees to travel to Naknek, Alaska for 4-6 weeks in the summer from mid-June to the first week of August. During peak season, work hours could be anywhere from 12-18 hours a day, 7 days a week. All those hours will add up for lots of overtime! However, work depends on the salmon season harvest and hours are not guaranteed. *If there are no fish, there is no work.* Pay: Starting Wage is $12.19/hr regular time, $18.29/hr overtime!
We provide round trip airfare from Seattle, Washington (or Anchorage, Alaska) to King Salmon, Alaska and then a short bus trip to Naknek. Housing and meals are also provided at no cost to you.
Available positions are diverse and range from processing salmon fillets to packaging salmon roe, harvesting salmon oils, boxing the salmon for shipping, or working in the freezing facility just to name a few. Not only can you make a good amount of money in a short period of time, but you will also have an experience to last a lifetime. This job is perfect for students who want to travel to Alaska and seek seasonal work or anyone looking for a new kind of adventure.
We look forward to working hard and making lasting memories in the upcoming salmon season!
Timing & Workplace Environment
- Available to work the full season - approximately mid-June to August in Naknek, AK.
- Willing and able to travel by aircraft to remote locations in Alaska.
- Physically able to stand and work long hours (some jobs may have lifting requirements).
- Able to get along well with other people in remote and sometimes adverse conditions.
- Not afraid of hard work.
- Able to maintain a positive attitude.
- Willing to work and live in a multi-cultural environment.
- Willing to follow directions and abide by safety rules.
Types of Seafood Processing Jobs
- Sort and prepare fish for freezing.
- Weigh, record weights, pack fish in boxes.
- Work in freezing room, move carts of salmon in and out of freezing room.
- Stack, palletize, and shrink-wrap boxes.
- Clean fish (scrape, cut, gut, behead, wash, and clean stomach linings).
- Fillet fish (slice flesh from bones and prepare fish for canning or freezing).
- Clean and pack fish eggs.
- Feed cans and lids into seaming machines and operate machines (to move packed seafood from place to place).
- A processor may rotate from one job to another.
COVID-19 Policies and Protocols
- Self-quarantine and monitor for key symptoms (fever, difficulty breathing, dry cough, loss of smell/taste, etc.) at your place of residence for the 14 days prior to travel.
- Please seek medical consultation if you are experiencing symptoms.
- Frequent hand-washing (at least 20 seconds, every four hours) and other good hygiene practices.
- Practice social distancing.
- AGS will be arranging PCR Nasal Swab Tests in Seattle, WA prior to arrival date in Naknek. Quarantine accommodations will be provided while we await test results (2-3 days) or until further instruction is given.
- Wear cloth face coverings while traveling.
- On Site:
- Practice social distancing at all times.
- Employees must wear a cloth face covering in common spaces.
- Non-essential personnel will not be permitted on site.
- AGS will have a closed campus, and all employees must remain on company property at all times, except for essential functions such as medical treatment.
- We have enhanced our cleaning and disinfection practices as well as made alterations to the facility to ensure the health and safety of our employees and the Bristol Bay Community in which we operate.
- AGS has a well-developed emergency response plan in place to provide around-the-clock assistance to our facility
Alaska General Seafoods acts in accordance with Alaska State Labor Laws, and supports and is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity.
How to Apply
Click Apply Now below