Exciting Year - Round Jobs in Skagway with housing & high wages!
- Skagway, Alaska
- $25.00 - $35.00 / hour
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
Alaska X is a leading provider of shore excursions in southeast Alaska. We operate many different tours/activities and build virtually all of the elements of our excursion experiences in-house including retail buildings, zip-lines, suspension bridges, remote cabins, docks, and many other structures for commercial purposes! We are very dynamic and work on different projects frequently. We even have our own sawmill and are completing our first hydroelectric project that will power one of our camps!
During the summer season, our company hosts approximately 150 seasonal staff members to provide our exceptional shore excursions and this position helps support what we do.
Our Maintenance Team Mechanics help maintain a fleet of over 100 pieces of machinery from airporter buses to ATVs, Unimogs, passenger vessels, outboard motors, heavy equipment (loaders, excavators, etc.), as well as provide mechanical needs for buildings and facilities. Almost every mechanical skill is used/learned at some point!
We are looking for a skilled Mechanic to assemble, maintain and repair machinery and vehicles. You will be responsible for ensuring the functionality and reliability of machines, engines, and mechanical systems. An excellent mechanic must have manual dexterity and great attention to detail. They must be able to work with various machines and tools as well as follow all safety precautions.
- Build and assemble machines or mechanical components according to requirements
- Inspect machines, engines, transmissions etc. and run diagnostic tests to discover functionality issues
- Conduct repairs aiming for maximum reliability
- Troubleshoot reported problems and resolve them in a timely manner
- Perform thorough maintenance on machinery, equipment, and systems
- Clean and apply lubricants to machinery components
- Replenish fluids and components of engines and machinery
- Provide consultation on correct maintenance and preventative measures to machine or vehicle users
- Undertake other duties as assigned (e.g. repair of hydraulic systems, painting vehicles etc.)
- Keep logs of work and report on issues
- Proven experience as Mechanic
- Excellent knowledge of machinery and hydraulic, electrical and other systems and their components
- Aptitude in using various hand tools (screwdrivers, hammers etc.) and precision measurement tools (e.g. calipers)
- Ability to follow established procedures and practices and read instruction, blueprints, etc.
- A strong commitment to all health and safety guidelines
- Very good communication skills
- A problem-solving ability
- Very good physical strength and stamina
- High school diploma is preferred; Certification from a vocational school or completion of an apprenticeship is a definite plus
- Valid certification (e.g ASE) is preferred'
Work Location: Multiple locations
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 - $35.00 per hour
How to Apply
How to Apply
To apply, please visit our website. Our website tells you all about our positions, and it has our application ready and waiting for you.
Our recruiting process is ongoing, and we will be accepting 2022 applications until all of our positions are filled. The minimum age for most positions is 18. However, for certain positions, preference is given to applicants who are at least 21 years old.
For more information, please feel free to contact us at HOP@alaskax.com.
You may also check us out on Facebook.