LOVE working in Sales?? We have the perfect job for you here at Pursuit the Alaska Collection!
Boosting Sales, Booking Events, Networking Opportunities & Travel Perks
- Anchorage, AK
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Sep 11, 2019)
We wake up every day to greet glaciers, mountain peaks and pristine lakes. At Pursuit, we live the dream. We’re united by an intrinsic love of exploring that can’t be confined by physical borders. Together, Pursuit team members and guests create inspiring memories they will share with their friends and families for years to come. It’s all about sharing our amazing destinations.
We have gathered a collection of adventure travel experiences, each of them thoughtfully united by their power to inspire and invigorate. As a brand, Pursuit weaves elements of wonder and amazement across our range of awe-inspiring experiences.
- Our vision is to be the world’s leading provider of experiential adventure travel
- Our mission is to connect guests and staff to iconic places through unforgettable, inspiring experiences
The Sales Manager – Meetings & Events is responsible for attaining revenue and sales goals at the Alaska Collection operations with a strong emphasis on booking new business that has long-term revenue growth potential. Solicits new business and develops a client base for all Alaska Collection-owned products. Facilitates booking of rooms and meeting space for groups, meetings, conventions and weddings at all Alaska Collection properties.
Essential Job Functions
Major Activities (Typical Duties/Responsibilities):
- Seek out new business opportunities in the regional market including but not limited to conference/meetings, associations, incentive groups and weddings while growing existing accounts.
- Maintain relationships and business with existing client base
- Analyze performance of annual sales goals and reports on variances, both positive and negative
- Provide assessment of new revenue growth opportunities, qualify and secure new clients
- Work closely with Alaska tourism organizations
- Finalize all TAC business proposals and/or contracts on a daily basis; ensure proposals or contracts are submitted on the same day as inquiry or booking
- Meet weekly with Director of Sales to discuss success of overall sales/marketing strategy and ensure alignment
- Work cooperatively with other Pursuit sales staff and participates in sales team meetings
- Work with RevMax and Reservations Team to ensure proper inventory allocation and utilization and that blocks are entered into the appropriate Company system (Maestro)
- Attend community and tourism industry events statewide on behalf of TAC. Participates in national tourism and travel industry events as assigned by Director of Sales
- Conduct presentations to familiarization groups at all TAC operations as assigned
- Perform other duties as are appropriate and as assigned
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of the tourism business in Alaska, including, state government, industry organizations and large private industry influences. Knowledge of the trends and characteristics of visitor markets in major Alaskan communities. Working knowledge of sales, marketing and operating practices of hotel operations and meeting services
- Knowledge of Salesforce (CRM) a strong asset
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills to promote effective internal and external communication between the sites, its employees, the media and the general public. Strong emphasis on proven sales skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office
- Excellent decision making, problem solving and time management skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Public Relations or other sales-related field and two years’ experience in management or sales, tourism marketing, advertising, or public relations; or any combination of education, management and experience that provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities
- Experience in the Alaska tourism industry preferred
- Moderate travel required to include in-state and North America travel
How to Apply
Click APPLY NOW and apply online