Turn a wrench and go salmon fishing on your days off!
Salmon, rainforest, bears, glaciers, eagles, moose
- Juneau, Alaska and Ketchikan, Alaska
- $26.00 - $30.00 / hour
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts immediately!
* Housing assistance
* Travel assistance
* Seasonal Bonus
* Paid CDL training available
Reports to: Shop Foreman - Juneau
Status: Full time Seasonal with opportunity for year-round work
Note: A current Commercial Driver’s License (Class B) with Passenger and Air Brake endorsements preferred; Alaska Coach Tours may/will provide CDL training to qualified applicants if needed.
General Function: Perform scheduled services and repairs to equipment including motor coaches, vans, service trucks, and shop tools and equipment during the summer operating season.
- Prior experience or formal education/training in maintaining and repairing diesel engines, air brakes, chassis, and electrical on heavy equipment and (preferably) motor coaches. Applicants must provide and use their own basic hand tools.
- Certified as physically qualified to drive a commercial motor vehicle according to a U.S. Dept. of Transportation physical and NIDA urinalysis drug screen. Candidates must be willing to submit to pre-employment, random, post-accident, and just cause drug & alcohol testing.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and a good, safe driving record (no more than one moving violation or “at fault” accident in the last three years). DUI, DWI, negligent or reckless driving convictions automatically disqualify the applicant. Successful applicants will be asked to provide a current (no older than 30 days) copy of his/her Motor Vehicle Record.
- Able to lift and move a minimum of 50 lbs. Employees are regularly required to sit, stand, walk, see, talk and hear. Frequently they will need to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Employees must be able to work in harsh weather conditions for long hours on a variable schedule.
Duties / Responsibilities:
Through training and leadership, gain an understanding of systems and maintenance needs for all vehicles in the fleet, in order to facilitate the safety of passengers and high levels of operation for the equipment.
- Routine duties will include but are not limited to changing oils, fluids, and filters, conducting lube jobs, and minor repairs such as replacing light bulbs, and tires, repairing leaks, etc.
- Work with Shop Foreman to establish a routine system to identify mechanical defects in equipment and implement repairs as needed. Prioritize and perform year-round maintenance and repairs to include diesel engine repair, air brakes, air suspension, chassis, electrical systems, transmissions, air conditioning systems, body repairs, etc.
- Review the daily vehicle reports submitted by drivers; troubleshoot and repair any issues that arise in day to day operation. Work with drivers in gaining an understanding of general systems of all equipment, so that they may facilitate safety and achieve high levels of operation for the equipment that they operate.
- Gain an understanding of pertinent Federal and State DOT regulations and integrate routine compliance into all aspects of work. Complete all related paperwork in a professional, accurate, consistent and timely manner.
- Maintain open, clear and positive communication regarding all aspects of vehicle maintenance and safety with Fleet Manager, Operations team, and drivers.
*Work with Shop Foreman to appropriately handle all aspects of assigned projects on motor coaches, vans and other company equipment. Aspects of projects include: competitive procurement of parts, supplies or sub-contractors, performing work, ensuring that all work will be completed in a timely manner, and within the approved budget.
*Assist as needed to fill in for driver/guides on tours or transfers as needed
*Work with management to quickly assess situations and work with operations team to relay information via proper channels in the event of circumstances out of the norm (tour deviations, passenger incidents or injuries, etc…).
How to Apply
Resumes can be submitted directly to Matt Ernst, VP of Fleet Operations, or on our website via the link below.