Work in the majestic Colorado Rocky Mountains!
Located in the heart of the Colorado Rockies and set beneath the breathtaking peaks of the Continental Divide.
- Almont, Colorado
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in about 1 month. (May 24, 2021)
Work and Play Off-the-Grid in the Majestic Rocky Mountains of Colorado!
AEI Base Camp is looking for an adventurous food service professional to oversee our camp kitchen. Work in one of the most magnificent places in Colorado, surrounded by the Continental Divide and the Collegiate Peaks Wilderness.
AEI Base Camp is a Christian Summer Wilderness Adventure Camp located in Taylor Park, Colorado. www.aeibasecamp.com
PAY: Commensurate with experience - per 6 day "week".
DATES: June 1 - Aug 16 (possible extension through the end of October)
BENEFITS: Food, Lodging, and CO Worker's Compensation Insurance.
POSITION SUMMARY: This full-time, seasonal position gives an individual responsibility for the nutrition of the staff and clients. The Food Service Lead, in cooperation with the other kitchen help, will plan menus, order ingredients and prepare meals as well as oversee and direct the duties of the kitchen staff. He/she will maintain the kitchen and dining room to Health Department standards. It is of vital importance to provide good, nutritious food in order for the clients and staff to participate in strenuous camp activities. The Food Service Lead is responsible to the AEI Base Camp Directors.
1. Provide healthy and well-balanced meals for the groups and clients;
2.Plan menus for varying programs;
3.Order and purchase food for the program;
4. Maintain health and safety standards, and meet with Health Inspector when needed;
5. Organize and distribute food for day hikes, rock climbing and rafting trips;
6. Maintain a neat, clean and orderly kitchen and other food-related areas (including food storage and dining room);
7. Provide general supervision of clients to assure their well being;
8. Attend all required meetings prior to and during camp sessions;
9. Maintain a clean and orderly living space;
10. Other duties as assigned.
1. Strong food service experience (minimum 2 years).
2. Have strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
To apply, fill out our online application by clicking Apply Now below. Please make sure to answer the "all staff" and "food services" questions.