Find Your Career Destination
There’s no limit to where your Disney journey can take you.
- USA, California
- No experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts immediately! (Jul 11, 2019)
Adventure Guides are a critical component of the overall Adventures by Disney experience, impacting Guest satisfaction and intent to return. Adventure Guides are a source of information and they deliver a thematically organized and hassle-free experience filled with storytelling, discovery, and Disney Difference VIP treatment, in conjunction with their fellow co-Guide. Adventure Guides are primarily responsible for Guest interaction and facilitation of Guest experience. They serve as the primary contacts to Guests on behalf of the organization and they are accessible to Guests while on location for the trip.
- In partnership with a co-Guide, provide a seamless and hassle free “uniquely Disney” experience for our Guests while engaging them with information pertaining to the destination
- Partner with co-Guide to ensure implementation of trip logistics occur, including: transportation, entertainment, luggage porterage, meals, hotel accommodations and excursions including any special requests by Guests (meal reservations, in-room amenities and dietary meal requests, etc.)
- Act as a liaison between Guests and vendors to ensure Guest satisfaction (e.g. prompt luggage arrival, room requests are met, dietary needs are considered, excursion concerns are addressed)
- Communicate daily itinerary to all Guests; work with management to create and facilitate changes to trip itineraries as needed
- Manage group dynamics and focus on building connections between everyone on the trip
- Ensure the tour remains on schedule
- Manage Guest emergencies and crisis situations as needed with support of management, while maintaining the highest regard for safety at all times; administer basic first aid as needed; maintain assigned inventory levels of all first aid supplies and carry first aid kit at all times throughout each trip
- Make decisions regarding Guest Recovery in accordance with established guidelines; communicate issues and solutions with management as appropriate and/or required
- Manage allotted budget for each trip, follow proper cash handling procedures, and pay gratuities to vendors as needed
- Use good judgment and make decisions based on understanding of goals and operating guidelines
- Perform administrative type functions including but not limited to managing supplies, creating and printing trip documents and Guest collateral, facilitating vendor relationships, completing trip reports, etc.
- Meet all designated deadlines (e.g. incident reports, trip reports, trip budgets, etc.)
- Assigned duties as needed
- High School degree or equivalent
- Proven work experience, training and/or certification leading guided tours with a minimum of 20 guests or broad familiarity of The Walt Disney Company with experience in a guest facing-role with knowledge of guest relations and conflict resolution
- Must be fully available for work during peak season extending from late-May through mid-August; must be available to attend 1-week orientation in March
- Strong understanding and ability to manage travel-related challenges (transportation, ground/air travel, exchanging currency, language translation, etc.)
- Ability to represent the Company with minimal supervision
- Willingness to travel and be away from home base for long periods of time
- Ability to work flexible hours to include early mornings, late evenings, weekends, and holidays while on location for trips
- Ability and desire to actively participate in itinerary based activities to include, but not limited to: surfing, horseback riding, hiking, biking, zip lining, kayaking, whitewater rafting, swimming, snorkeling, and Junior Adventurer activities, etc.
- Participate in daily dining opportunities with guests offering pre-arranged menus
- Ability to carry a backpack weighing up to 30 lbs. for 4 consecutive hours
- Ability to move, pull, lift and/or carry 50 lb. bags, cases and/or luggage with or without assistance, throughout duration of each trip
- Ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time
- Possess a valid passport and renew as needed (Adventure Guide is responsible for all costs associated with obtaining/renewing a passport); obtain appropriate visa(s) as needed
- Destination-specific knowledge and/or extensive travel experience
- Demonstrated passion for travel and adventure
- Ability to facilitate a seamless, personalized, fun, and magical experience filled with storytelling, discovery, and Disney-quality entertainment
- Proven comfort level speaking in front of groups up to 44 people including use of a microphone when needed
- Demonstrated strong guest service skills and passion for interacting and engaging adults and children from all around the world
- Ability to seek out Guest contact and enjoy being outgoing with people, enthusiastic, self-motivated, and form connections with Guests
- Must be pro-active and able to spontaneously entertain children and adults in the absence of planned activities
- Proven problem-solving and decision-making experience with ability to professionally manage emergency/travel situations with support of Operations team
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills with ability to provide appropriate service solutions
- Ability to operate electronic equipment including digital cameras, smart phones, portable computers, printers and projectors
- Exceptional verbal and written presentation and communication skills
- Impeccable organizational and time-management skills
- Promotes teamwork and contributes to co-Guide development to ensure success of Adventure Guide team
- Ability to build professional relationships with local experts and vendors worldwide
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of software applications including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel
- Familiarity with Apple applications and products (iPhone, MacBook)
- Experience working with special needs Guests
- Experience working children ranging from 4-17 years of age
- Training, certificates and/or licenses in basic First Aid and CPR
About Adventures by Disney:
Adventures by Disney is a leader in guided group family vacation experiences, offering itineraries to some of the most beautiful places on the planet including China, Australia, South Africa, Peru, England and France, as well as North American adventures in Alaska, the Rockies and more. Adventures by Disney takes families to some of the world’s most sought-after destinations, delivering unmatched guest service by trained adventure guides and local experts, uncompromising attention to detail, and a bit of Disney magic every step of the way. Together, adventure guides and guests embark on adventures that enable them to interact with world cultures in exciting new ways.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABD, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Adventures by Disney.
ABD, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
How to Apply