Daily Coordinator - Join Juneau's Top Rated Guiding Outfitter!
Celebrating 20 years of Small Group Wilderness Adventures from Ocean to Ice!
- Juneau, Alaska
- $18.00 / hour + tips
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in 3 months. (Apr 15, 2022)
Above and Beyond Alaska (ABAK) is seeking an exceptional individual to join our seasonal logistics and office team in Juneau, Alaska. ABAK has been facilitating outdoor adventure experiences on the ocean and ice for over 20 years and employs 35 seasonal team members from April-September.
The Daily Coordinator position works directly with the Operations Team to oversee day to day logistics and office sales duties for the leading outdoor adventure tour company in Juneau, Alaska. This seasonal position will primarily focus on customer relations, customer reservations using our booking system and engage in customer phone/email/chat correspondence, daily trip/van scheduling and auditing, guide communication, administration duties, marketing duties, and warehouse support. This role will rotate through the office and dispatch/logistic roles.
The Daily Coordinator will develop a thorough understanding of all Above and Beyond Alaska tour timelines and products. Additional duties include creation of daily tour and van schedule, organizations of daily logistics and problem solving, drafting staff assignments and schedules, assessment of weather conditions with the assistance of the MOD, warehouse support duties, data entry and receipt reconciliation, auditing of staff timesheets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide prompt and professional communication with customers via email, phone, and online messages.
- Develop a thorough understanding of all ABAK tours and Reservation Software.
- Create a daily tour schedule and relay to staff in a timely manner.
- Develop daily vehicle schedules
- Maintain communication with guides in the field
- Work closely with MOD in assessing weather conditions in all operating zones
- Organize daily logistics and solve problems as they develop
- Assist with monthly scheduling and reservation auditing
- Assist with dock/driving duties: meeting and picking up clients, cruise relations, vendor relations
- Develop proficiency in retail POS systems and maintain retail inventory.
- Utilize Expensify for uploading and tracking daily receipts.
- Assist Management with permit use reports.
- Manage file storage and audit employee timesheets in accordance with confidentiality guidelines
- Warehouse Support - help prepare gear and hearty snacks for glacier and kayak day trips, fix equipment, maintain a clean and organized warehouse, transport guests to various locations around Juneau.
- High School Diploma – Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in preferred
- US Citizen OR Be Eligible to Work in the US
- Adult/Child First Aid and CPR Certification
- Sales, customer service, and/or office experience
- Superb Written and Verbal Communication skills
- Comprehensive Experience utilizing MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Etc.)
- 21 Years of age with Valid Driver’s License and Clean Driving Record for past 5 years
Start Date: April 15, 2022 – September 30, 2022 (flexible)
Bonus: All employees who fulfill the terms of their employment agreement are eligible for an end-of-season bonus.
Perks: Free use of all equipment (kayaks, SUPs, outdoor gear), free or discounted rates for most Juneau-based tour operators.
Living in Juneau:
Our landscape is diverse - when you are not kayaking to an uninhabited island or exploring the deep blue on a glacier, hike to the top of the Coastal Mountains on Juneau's seemingly endless trail system or find a remote beach at the end of our road system. The outdoor enthusiast will find no shortage of activities to fill their free time, or companions to recreate with. We strive to schedule 1 - 2 days off per week throughout the summer so our team can relax, recharge, and explore.
We do not provide employee housing, however...
Juneau is a seasonal destination for government workers in the winter, and tourism-based crews in the summer. While ample housing is available for seasonal workers, the best opportunities go fast! Upon hire, we recommended pursuing housing opportunities immediately - we can help connect you with realistic housing options, and will do everything we can to help you find a place to lay your head.
How to Apply
Submit resume and fully completed application by clicking Apply Now!