Crew Chef (Employee Dining Room)Apply Now
The Crew Chefs work as members of the Culinary team, and report to the Chef.
Key traits for success: strong culinary skills, independence, work ethic/stamina, creativity, customer service/caring. The staff dining experience at the A Bar A is a vital part of ranch operations. The Crew Chefs (also called the Employee Dining Room (EDR) Chefs) are responsible for planning and preparing all meals for the A Bar A staff (approximately 100 people) throughout the summer season (including planning for their days off). The Crew Chefs works directly together to plan, execute, serve, and clean up after all staff meals, as well as share the responsibility for keeping the EDR stocked and clean between meals.
- Plan and execute balanced and healthy meals for 100+ staff, providing alternative options for individuals with dietary needs (lunch and dinner)
- Prepare par stocked items for a 24/7 salad and deli bar (slicing deli meats, preparing veggies, stocking salad dressings)
- Repurpose other food for staff meals, adjusting plans quickly and effectively as needed
- Serve all meals efficiently and sanitarily
- Stock the employee dining space with snacks, juices, yogurts, chips, fruit, etc.
- Provide relevant order guides to Chef
- Thoroughly clean the space after every meal in readiness for the next
- Take care of all leftover food, providing “ready to eat” leftover meals as appropriate
- Seek feedback for menu refinement and development
- Create a welcoming and caring atmosphere in the EDR
All culinary staff work a 6-day work week with an average of 9-10 hours/day. Crew Chefs must be able to lift/carry at least 40 pounds.