Line Cook at Luxury Mountain Ranch in Colorado
Breathtaking secluded mountain ranch in southwest Colorado.
- Creede, Colorado
- $2,800.00 - $3,400.00 / month
- Some experience required
- Start Date:
- Starts in 3 months. (May 01, 2023)
The 4UR Ranch is looking for individuals who have a passion for food, excellence and are wanting to grow and share their culinary knowledge.
This seasonal position is a six day work week. Work begins at the beginning of May and goes until the second week of October.
- Staff housing and meals are provided.
- Monthly Salary
- Bonus: a job performance based bonus is given at the end of the season which is determined by the General Manager and Executive Chef.
About the 4UR:
The 4UR Ranch is one of the oldest luxury resorts in the State of Colorado and has been welcoming guests for over 140 years. It features natural hot springs, over 6 miles of private fly fishing, thousands of acres of mountain access, a herd of 55 horses, a geothermal outdoor pool, and three shooting ranges to name a few. The guest amenities are exceptional. And if you’re hired as part of our team, you will have opportunities to take advantage of these as well, making the 4UR Ranch way more than just another Colorado job. There's over a million acres of national forest and public land just outside your door. Hiking, biking, fishing and exploring is always a few steps away during your off time. This truly is a unique opportunity to create memories and relationships that will last a lifetime.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the preparation of menu items, cookouts, and staff meals.
- Must have strong knife skills.
- Check and complete mise en place and pars and set-up the station.
- Communicate with the Executive Chef and Sous Chef regarding menu items, problem situations or shortages.
- Work closely with recipes and plate presentations in order to maintain standards of quality in production and presentation.
- Ensure a clean, neat and organized work area; as well as weekly cleaning chores.
- Store items properly at the end of the shift.
- Adhere to guidelines for timely food service to guests.
- Assist in putting food orders away and ensure product is being rotated and stored properly.
- Maintain a good working relationship with other staff members
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other tasks or projects as assigned by Chefs.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for long periods.
- Must be able to go up and down stairs continuously.
- Contribute to our environment with a positive and friendly attitude.
Ideal candidate will have:
- 2 years of experience in a professional kitchen or 1-2 years of culinary school with 1 year of professional kitchen experience.
- Eagerness to learn and a passion for culinary arts.
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- US work authorization is required
- Please review the 4UR Ranch’s website as well as researching the area to have a better understanding of the environment and remote limitations.
Compensation: Salary/Hourly ($2,800.00 - $3,400.00)
Benefits & Perks: Potential Bonuses, Housing and Meals are provided
Attention to Detail
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to Executive Chef, Liz Wolfgang at firstname.lastname@example.org