Administrative Assistant for Fast Ferry in South East Alaska
Operating in SE Alaska between the amazing towns of Haines and Skagway.
- Skagway/ Haines, Alaska
- $22.00 / hour
- Previous experience required
- Start Date:
- Job starts in about 1 month (Feb 29, 2020)
Assistant operations manager
The position as a assistant manager will be responsible for checking in groups and processing and selling tickets. They will be responsible for updating databases and assisting with billing/accounting. Primary position would be office based in Skagway, Ak.
- Present a professional and friendly attitude at all times on duty.
- Direct and assist passenger movement on and about the vessel.
- Working with tour operators and Cruise ships to coordinate passenger loading and unloading.
- Update databases, assists in customer billing and accounting when required.
- Enhance the cruise experience for passengers, including answering questions and helping passengers with specific problems/requests.
- Other duties, as needed.
- Previous retail experience preferred.
- Previous experience in database management a plus.
- Previous experience in accounting preferred.
- Must be able to make change, keep records and maintain a professional, friendly attitude toward customers.
- Must be able to lift and move objects of up to 50 lbs, maybe required.
- Must be drug free (pre-employment) screening and enrollment in random drug testing program is required).
- Must be able to work varied shift hours, including weekends and holidays. Days off will be scheduled but must be willing to be flexible in meeting tour demand.
- Must be clean, well groomed, courteous, honest, and most important, reliable.
- Uniform shirts & jacket provided.
- Basic understanding of boat operations.
- Submit and pass initial and periodic drug screening.
- Employees are regularly required to sit, stand, climb, balance, crouch or crawl.
- Employees must be able to work in adverse weather conditions for long hours.
Season will be from May - Sept. Housing will be provided at a reasonable rate. This position will start as seasonal with an opportunity to become full time for the right person.