Filth Fighters Wanted!! Join Forces with the YMCA of the Rockies to Help Cleanup Our Sheets!
Work+Play On the Edge of Rocky Mountain National Park
The YMCA of the Rockies is always looking for seasonal staff to come serve with us in the Rocky Mountains as our organization grows and needs change. Our opportunities for seasonal position last 3 weeks to 8 months, giving employees an opportunity for a quick trip, or a taste of every season in Colorado.More about YMCA of the Rockies
Jobs in the Spotlight
Play in the Snow for your Winter/Spring Internship
The YMCA of the Rockies has two locations located near Rocky Mountain National Park (RMNP). The Estes Park Center (EPC) is the original site of the YMCA of the Rockies, founded in 1907, and is surrounded on three sides by RMNP. EPC has over 800 acres of mountain terrain to enjoy many opportunities for outdoor recreation and relaxation. The Y and the surrounding area are a destination in the western region for outdoor activity. Estes Park in known for: experiencing RMNP, rock climbing, hiking, and camping. Estes Park Center is the employer where life inspires YOU.
The second, and later established location of the YMCA of the Rockies, is Snow Mountain Ranch (SMR). SMR is located in a more remote area of Colorado, known as the Fraser Valley, near Granby and Winter Park. In the winter, SMR is home to one of the largest Nordic ski areas in the country, with over 100km of trails on the 5000 acre property. Winters at SMR can last up to eight months, but for winter enthusiasts there is no place like it, with days and days of powder. In the summertime, SMR is surrounded by backcountry forests and trails, with opportunities to get your boots or wheels in the dirt for many hours of fun.
The Employee Experience
As a seasonal employee in our organization you will receive weekly pay, along with all housing and meal expenses paid for. Also, as part of the YMCA movement, each center offers opportunities to grow in Spirit, Mind, and Body.
Room and Board
Room and board are included. All Staff living in staff housing will be asked to take part in cleaning the common areas of each building (hallways, showers, lobbies, and grounds).
We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty. If you want to use marijuana, don't apply to work for us.
Cooking, smoking, candles, and incense are not permitted in staff housing at any time. Smoking is permitted only in designated smoking areas.
On-grounds staff will be paid a gross (before tax) weekly rate of $180. This rate is the amount you will be paid for a 40 hour work week. Pay days are every other Friday. Overtime is paid for any hours worked over 40 per week or over 12 hours per day.
Some of the benefits of working for Estes Park Center include:
- All seasonal employees receive a YMCA of the Rockies Guest Membership for the duration of employment.
- You will receive discounts from some of the local merchants; $12 off any Jackson stables horseback ride; a 20% discount in the YMCA General Store, a 20% discount in the Rustic Cafe, and free snow shoe rentals.
- 20% discount on supplies in the craft shop
- Free fountain drinks in certain designated areas
- Wireless Internet Access
- Vault Envelopes to store valuables
- One complimentary night in the lodge per month worked
- Seasonal insurance available for purchase
- Appreciate Fund (tips!) for employees who complete their work agreement
- Corporate ski passes
Some of the benefits of working for Snow Mountain Ranch include:
- Complimentary nights at both Estes Park Center and Snow Mountain Ranch (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
- YMCA of the Rockies family membership access while you’re employed
- Facilities include a pool
- Gymnasium (but not a weight lifting room)
- Climbing wall
- Fitness classes
- Roller rink
- Art center
- Free skiing/snowboarding/mountain biking/golf (dependent on season and resort) at Winter Park Resort, Copper Mountain, Granby Ranch, and Steamboat.
Getting Here and Getting Around
Estes Park Center is located 65 miles northwest of Denver and sits at an elevation of 8,010 feet. The Center is just outside the quaint town of Estes Park, where there is fine shopping and entertainment. We are within walking distance to the spectacular Rocky Mountain National Park, so bring your hiking boots and camera!
Snow Mountain Ranch is located 80 miles northwest of Denver and sits at 9,000 feet above sea level. Snow Mountain Ranch is 15 miles from Winter Park Resort and 8 miles from Granby, CO.
Everything you can think of...we've got it!
- Roller Skating
- Basketball & Volleyball
- Fly Fishing
- Climbing Wall
- Horseback Riding
- Mountain Biking
- Challenge Courses and More!
Food and Beverage, Maintenance, Camp Counselors, Activity Instructors, Interns, Outdoor Adventure Staff, Groundskeeper, Office/Administrative, EMT or RN, Human Resources / Employee Services, Laundry Operations, Lifeguards, Guest Relations, Housekeeper, Gift Shop Staff, Environmental Education, Volunteers, Outdoor Activity Instructors, Chaplain, and Conference Services