Vermejo Park Ranch
Explore 600,000 Acres of Rocky Mountain Wilderness!
They don’t call it The Land of Enchantment for nothing!
Located in the Sangre de Cristo mountain range of northern New Mexico and southern Colorado, Vermejo Park Ranch acts as a segue between Rocky Mountain beauty and Southwestern enchantment.
Ranging in elevations from 6,500 to 13,000 feet, the Ranch offers a variety of ecosystems and wildlife to explore. Short-grass prairie and alpine meadows host elk, mule deer, coyotes, bobcats, bears, prairie dogs, numerous birds of prey, and a variety of trout.
Purchased in 1996 by Turner Enterprises, Vermejo operates as a first class hunting, fishing and outdoor exploration resort. Guest services are operated at two locations, our Main Lodge facilities and a more exclusive high-country lodge, Costilla.
Sweeping over 920 square miles, Vermejo Park Ranch offers a unique employment experience for individuals who seek opportunity to explore the largest tract of privately owned property in the U.S. One can hike all day and never see another soul!
The Ranch lies 40 miles west of Raton, New Mexico.
The Veremjo Park Ranch season runs April-November. Our annual hiring window is January through late April. We are hiring for both management and non management positions.
- Culinary Guru
- Seeking experienced line cook to aid all types of food production. Our resort can be categorized as “relaxed fine dining” where meal service varies in style, not quality. Buffet, and a la carte services are offered at different times. Expect a varied work schedule depending on your shift & skills.
- Fish Slayer & Occasional Bellhop
- While the job title is “Fish House”, this position is the poster child for variety. The primary objective is assisting guests as they prepare for their day of fishing, however additional duties include everything from grounds keeping, to bathroom cleaning, to painting, to fleet maintenance.
- Hardcore Dishwasher
- Not a glorious job, but necessary. Must be able to stand for long periods of time (up to 8 hours) and lift up to 50 lbs. Some prep work required. No experience needed, however reliable, self-motivated individuals prefered who know when to step it up.
- Housekeeping Supervisor
- Manage the housekeeping department for Vermejo Park Ranch Guest Operations. Coordinate the ordering of supplies, staffing, scheduling and cleaning of 60 guest rooms and all public areas. For more information on this position, please visit our website: www.vermejoparkranch.com/employment
Vermejo seeks self-motivated, hard-working individuals willing to bring a team-oriented frame of mind to their job. Applicants who best fit this description understand that work is their primary objective, followed by personal recreation and enjoyment.
With an unusually long season, we hope to attract individuals who are looking to commit to a longer season than most ranch resorts offer. We have very few “summer only” positions- these few are oriented around our Fishing Season, May-September and include the following positions: Fish House, Wait Staff and Guide Staff.
All positions at Vermejo are equally important, and should be thought of as an integral piece to a larger puzzle. Employees should be flexible, as they will be asked to complete a variety of tasks, often times helping outside of their hired job description. In exchange for hard work employees are treated well, appreciated greatly and are given ample opportunity to relax and enjoy their season in unparalleled surroundings.
Room and Board
Vermejo provides room and board for all seasonal staff. There are multiple housing facilities, most centrally located at Ranch Headquarters. All buildings are co-ed. Employees are given individual rooms, each with private bath. On occasion, employees will be asked to share living quarters. This is determined on a same sex basis, seasonal tenure, and housing availability.
Meals are served at the Main Lodge, in a family-style dining area. Employee common areas are equipped with laundry facilities, internet access, and television. Those employees stationed at our more exclusive lodge, Costilla, are provided with similar accommodations.
When work is not calling, there are over 500,000 acres to explore. Hiking, biking, fishing, swimming, horseback riding and other outdoor activities are available depending on one’s interests. Other benefits include:
- Shared gratuity pool
- Meeting interesting people from all walks of life
- Drug Free work environment
- World class fly fishing
- Room & Board in addition to wages
- Working, living and playing in a mountain environment
Getting Here and Getting Around
Remotely located, seasonal staff is encouraged to bring a private vehicle, as ranch vehicles are not available for personal use. However, employment is not dependent on self- transportation.
- 4 Wheel Drive is not required for general VPR travel, but we strongly suggest durable tires (meaning 6 ply and above).
- Management is happy to accommodate employee pick-ups in Raton only.
- The primary airport options are Denver and Albuquerque.
- Grey Hound Bus Services and Amtrak have Raton drop off stations.
Every season the VPR Activity Committee organizes annual events that bring the whole Ranch together! Examples include horseshoe, archery and volleyball tournaments, the VPR Ranch-Wide Picnic, and the annual Vermejo Day’s Dance and Cookout at Merrick Lake. These events are great for introducing new faces from seasonal employees and old-time “Vermejoans”.
In addition to the assortment of onsite recreation, there are many interesting historical sites and cities within a few hours’ drive of Vermejo. Denver, Santa Fe, Taos and Cimarron offer sightseeing, historical tours, shopping and often, live entertainment. All have a particular character, are laden with Southwestern history, and have in various ways contributed to the development of the Ranch.
How to Apply
No calls please!
Instead, please email or fax your resume to Attn: Nicole Reed
Email: email@example.com or Fax : 575-445-0545
Please include a brief description of yourself and the positions you are interested in applying for. We look forward to working with you!